Change font size   Print view

D8B Power Consumption

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8B Power Consumption

Postby csp » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:59 am

I can't find reference to this in any of the Service or Users manuals or in the Database.

Does anyone know the power consumption of a fully loaded d8b desk --- ie 110V -- X Amps --- Y KVa

I have a donated desk that came with a stepdown transformer (Australia is 240V) and it is rated at 120V --4.2A --500Va

The transformer has an overload circuit breaker and when the desk is fully loaded (ie all efx cards, all In/Out cards, etc) after a few minutes of operation the transformer's circuit breaker is tripping.

My own console (also 110V) has a transformer rated at 1.5Kva, which is three times more capacity and it doesn't trip when on my desk. I have not yet tried it on the desk with the transformer in question, as it is quite heavy and hard to move, especially to where I have the desk in question currently set up.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: D8B Power Consumption

Postby Michael db Music » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Hi. How did it end for you with this problem ? I have similar problem.. db
Michael db Music

Re: D8B Power Consumption

Postby csp » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Michael,

I have not found the answer, but I purchased a new transformer from ebay that is rated at 1000Watts (1KVA) and I have had no problems with it and it is not getting hot, even after 27hrs of the desk's constant running. It also has two 110V outlets ---- remembering that the total current drain has to be less than the 1000W.

It was also reasonably cheap to purchase (even at the current low Australian dollar rate !!!).

Trust this helps somewhat !!!

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum