Change font size   Print view

Loose armrest

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Loose armrest

Postby farmac » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:13 am

Greetings , all you original "old bastards" from the other forum. I've got an annoying problem with the piece on the bottom of my D8b. Seems it's loose , and it looks like there are a couple of screws that thread from inside the mixer toward the front that hold it on. If this is the case , it appears that I will need to flip the console over and remove the screws in the bottom plate in order to fasten the armrest tight again. Please tell me I'm wrong. :( The beast is working good and I hate to have to flop her over ; face down , and screw her. :o

I suppose I could run a big piece of duct tape over it. :lol:

Anyways , no big one . I needed an excuse to write on the "new and improved" forum. Thanks for the invite guys. - and , sorry for the "smilies abuse"
farmac

Re: Loose armrest

Postby Doug Reid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Good to see you over here !

I never repaired the arm rest so I'm not much help. I do like what Petersueco has done here....very nice indeed !

Doug
Doug Reid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Loose armrest

Postby Crash » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Yep, your gonna have to flip it to fix it. Your d8b has no sense of up or down, or right from wrong for that matter, so it won't mind being sunny side down for a few while you give it a twist on the armrest screws. There are 5 as I recall, that hold the armrest on. The only "gotcha" is getting around the ends of the faders, though slightly a pain the heiny, do-able with only moderate cursing and one gratuitious throwing of a tool.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum