Change font size   Print view

D8B and HUI mode won't go online

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: D8B and HUI mode won't go online

Postby synthjoe » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm

What you suggest sounds good for a start, I encourage you to try, it'll probably work.

No need to buy anything, all this should be working, just a matter of proper configuration. I suggested to cut down just for a test, once the bare essentials are working you can add gear piecemeal and adjust configuration as necessary. Do it step-by-step, there's hardly any circumventing that time and effort. Unless you're ready to throw out everything and buy a complete system or pay someone to work it out for you and integrate all your gear into one system. There's nothing wrong with your gear (I reckon), but careful planning and diligent/precise work is needed to get it all to work as a system. Hope this helps.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mackdaddie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:43 am

maybe you should try the following steps.

it worked by me :)

When your CMOS battery died, your BIOS settings reset themselves to default values.

One of those settings enables/disables the onboard USB controller, which, when enabled, uses IRQ10 - the same IRQ to which the d8b's MIDI card is configured to use from the factory.

This results in the d8b being able to send MIDI but being unable to receive it.

To resolve this issue, do the following:

1. Power down the mixer.

2. Power up the mixer and hit DEL when you see the BIOS screen to enter the BIOS (i.e., press DEL when you see the memory size and processor type on the screen).

3. Disable the onboard USB controller:

* If you have the older motherboard, disable the "Onboard USB Device" option under "INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS." Also disable "USB Keyboard Support" under "CHIPSET OPTIONS" (or equivalent category) and any other option related to USB.

* If you have the newer motherboard, disable the "Assign IRQ to USB" option under "INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS" and any other option related to USB.

4. Exit the BIOS and SAVE YOUR CHANGES.

Your d8b will now again be able to receive MIDI and your HUI mode will work properly.
mackdaddie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby maestrophillips » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:22 am

Hi mackdaddie,

I know this is probably a long dead post subject. However, I just wanted to thank you. I have been searching for literally YEARS for the answer that you provided. I could not find anybody (even Mackie) who could give me a straight answer about how to fix this problem. I was going to sell it, but now, it lives to see another day. HUI comes "online" like a charm! I still really like the board and it does have a specific place in my production facility.

Thank you again!

maestrophillips
maestrophillips

Previous

Return to d8b Forum