Change font size   Print view

Hello Newbie here

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Hello Newbie here

Postby Mikey8511 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 pm

HI guys
I'm new here and was just wondering if i could pick your brains?
I'm currently studying Music tech at college and my tutor has offered me a D8B for a really good price
the thing is I'm a bit confused as how to hook it up so i can record in to Logic Pro 9
the D8B has got 1 AIO card and 2 DIO cards with adat
currently I'm recording into my DAW with a M-Audio Pro Fire 2626
any help would be much appreicated
Many Thanks
Mike
Mikey8511

Re: Hello Newbie here

Postby Axeman098 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Mikey, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the 26/26 will allow you one ADAT Optical input = 8 channels of Audio. While I know you can daisychain up to 3 26/26's together via ADAT, I don't think you can do this same arraingment off of the D8B ADAT outs. each card out handles 8 channels of audio, and I think you'll need something else to be able to get more than 8 channels into Logic. I'm fairly sure you can bring in at least 8 channels of ADAT to the ADAT In of the 26/26, but I dont know of any other way to get more than 8 into it from the 1 ADAT input on the Profire. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Casey_Pittman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 am

The 2626 will handle 16 i/o of adat 8 i/o of analog and spdif i/o

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/media_hqpics/Profire2626%20-back.jpg

I've never used one. So I don't know if there is a limitation for what outputs can be used at one time, but I'm gonna blindly say that it should be fine.

The AIO card in the d8b can be used to get the other 8 out of the 2626 if you need a full 24 channels. and the spdif can be connected to the board via the spdif ports on the rear of the board. And if you have the breakout cable for the 2626 you can hook up the midi and set up the d8b transport to control your DAW, and If it comes with the apogee clock card you can sync the units together via word clock and live in digital bliss.

This set up should work great for you and your classes, and quite frankly put you above the curve as far as routing in and out of the digital world. Most of the "music students" that graduate from the college in my town have a hard time hooking up a mic and getting signal on an analog console much less an interface and a DAW.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Axeman098 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks Casey, I couldn't remember if it had 1 or 2 ADAT Inputs. Haven't used a 26/26 in a year or two...
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum