Change font size   Print view

UFX cards

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

UFX cards

Postby bkbannon3 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 pm

I am contemplating a ufx card for my board. I am currently running 3.0. If I instal a ufx card, do I have to download anything else to use it (besides buying the plugins) How can I tell if I have SP3 already? I have 4 mfx cards installed and all work great. Thanks for any input. B
bkbannon3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: UFX cards

Postby FrankH » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 am

This would be my advice: if you are going to throw money at this board, invest in upgrading the OS to 5.1 before even thinking about a dropping a UFX card in. It will improve the response and versatilty of the EQs and particularly, the dynamics section. It also crushes quite a number of long-standing 3.0 bugs. Money better spent, in my opinion.

My 2 cents.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Frank is quite correct on his suggestion. I believe that Makcke has reduced the price of 5.1 to just plain silly prices that make it really a no-brainer.

If you decide to keep what you got, just download service pack 3 and install it. If you already have it, no matter, it won't hurt to re-install. I really am not sure how you check which service pack you have from the console.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Crash wrote:I really am not sure how you check which service pack you have from the console.

Me neither, but the other day I stumbled upon the setup menu on VFD (press Setup/General on the console, OS3 manual p.38), which does give an 'about' display on the last page. If I recall correctly, this does give a SW build number. I have not verified this against any information available on the patch, but maybe you can relate, somehow. Just an idea to check...
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I am familiar with the window you mention, but there is no way to know which service pack is there from that. Just grab it and install it again....just to be positive you have what you want.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Crash wrote:I am familiar with the window you mention, but there is no way to know which service pack is there from that. Just grab it and install it again....just to be positive you have what you want.

Reminds me of the good old times in SW business - there wasn't even a version number, let alone finding it out from the user interface... :D
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum