Change font size   Print view

Little problem

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Little problem

Postby Mikey8511 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi guys
so i just picked up my D8b 2 nite and i can't seem to get any sound out of the master L/R in the control section it won't let me select the nearfields or mains but it works fine on digital in 2 am i being stupid here or have i got a problem?
cheers
Mike
Mikey8511

Re: Little problem

Postby bkbannon3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 pm

First check to make sure you have the L/R selected on the channel(s) that you are trying to listen to. And please elaborate a little as to how you have your speakers hooked up in your system. There are a lot of different monitoring possibilities. Hope this helps. Brian
bkbannon3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mikey8511 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 pm

hi brian
thanks for the reply rite heres how I'm setup I've got my guitar plugged into channel 1 ,fader set a unity and gain set I'm getting signal on the meters and I've selected channel 1 and pressed assign on the strip then I've pressed L/R in the assignment section I've got a pair of active monitors on Trs jacks plugged into nearfields on the back so when i press master L/R in the control room section it won't let me select near or main or mono?
also the master fader is set to unity
Cheers
Mike
Mikey8511

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Are you sure you have a wordclock card in the "Sync" slot?

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Mikey8511 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 pm

hi peter
yes its has a Apogee word clock card in the sync slot still not getting any sound
Mike
Mikey8511

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:53 am

This and the other thread could try this.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby csp » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 am

Mike,

You say you are getting signal on the meter, I presume that you mean the Chnl 1 VU meter.

You have not stated if you are getting any signal on the Master Vu meter.

You also say that you get sound from the Digital input to the monitoring section. On occassions, my desk will not give any sound from the Near Field output, until I push all the possible monitor assignment buttons a few times (not sure why this is), so you might try pushing (quite vigorously) all the buttons to see if you get something.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:49 am

Mikey8511 wrote:hi brian
thanks for the reply rite heres how I'm setup I've got my guitar plugged into channel 1 ,fader set a unity and gain set I'm getting signal on the meters and I've selected channel 1 and pressed assign on the strip then I've pressed L/R in the assignment section I've got a pair of active monitors on Trs jacks plugged into nearfields on the back so when i press master L/R in the control room section it won't let me select near or main or mono?
also the master fader is set to unity
Cheers
Mike

To assign a channel to L/R you should first press the Assign LR button in the assignment section and then lit up the channels you what to assign using the Assign buttons on the channel strips.

Also, what do you mean with:
"When i press master L/R in the control room section it won't let me select near or main or mono?"
?
Please, elaborate.

Peter Holmquist.
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mikey8511 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:35 am

Hi guys thanks for all the reply's i still don't no what the problem was but i shut everything down and started it back up the next day and its been working fine ever since very strange i think the desk was having a little paddy lol
cheers mike
Mikey8511

Return to d8b Forum