Change font size   Print view

frozen mouse

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

frozen mouse

Postby Saxdaddy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 am

I've lost the PS2 connector 4 wires and sockets that go to the 6 pin plug on my board. I'm not sure how I lost it. But during my disorganized attempt at trouble shooting, it has disappeared. It might turn up, but it is unlikely. The mouse/plug is a 4 wire contraption. The first socket/pin is empty the next socket has a green wire in it. I believe that the next socket after the green wire is empty. The next 3 sockets have wires in them. Don't know the order, but I believe the colors are (were) yellow, red, and brown. I need the order of the last three wires after the green one and I can whip up another plug then get back to sorting things out. Also, do I have to have a mouse to reload version 5.1? I had pretty much metered everything else out. Mouse is fine, PS2 connector was warn and questionable. Green wire was making marginal contact.

When the screen comes up the mouse arrow is frozen in the middle of the screen. Didn't matter whether the mouse was plugged in or not, arrow was still there and wouldn't move when any mouse was plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Checked out the schemes, but no real info there for this application that I could find.

Thank you!
Saxdaddy

Re: frozen mouse

Postby synthjoe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome to the forum. Even thought I did not fully understand what you were trying to do, could this picture (from the manual of the newer CB50-BX motherboard) be of some help?

Mouse.GIF
Mouse.GIF (Array KiB) Viewed 2143 times

Or perhaps this photo (I've got the newer motherboard with 300 MHz celeron)?

IMG_2373b.JPG
IMG_2373b.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 2143 times
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Saxdaddy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:25 pm

I think you hit it out of the park with that picture of the cable and plug. I am at work so I don't have my CPU open if front of me. The only thing that concerns me a little is the orientation of the plug with the green, yellow, red, and brown wires sprouting from it. Is the brown wire or the green wire closest to the back of the cpu? I guess another way of asking the same question is the PS2 female receiver/plug located closest to the brown wire or the green wire?

Thank you very much for the info. It has been a long and stressful weekend trying to sort this stuff out.

Best regards!
Saxdaddy

Postby synthjoe » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

The back of the box is to the right of the picture, the flat ribbon cable you see is the inside part of the DB25 connector going to the console. The ATX connector is towards the inside of the box.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Saxdaddy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:28 am

Didn't reply to your last post. My bad. Mouse is good. On to other problems now. Thanks you.
Saxdaddy

Postby synthjoe » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm

:thumbs:
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Kenneth70 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm

I have a Dell Latitude D610 that is running on Windows XP and something weird happened to it. A few days ago the laptop was infected by one of those antivirus 2012. I decided to restart the laptop before I tried to get rid of the virus, but after the restart the laptop's mouse cursor won't work anymore it is stuck in the middle. I have tried using 3 other external mouses but none of them have worked. The laptop still turns on, the audio still works, the wireless still works, some of the function shortcuts still work (brightness and audio), but shortcut buttons like the windows button and alt+ctrl+delete won't load up anymore either. I don't mind reinstalling windows xp and I don't mind putting in the recovery disc, but I still have a lot of files on that laptop that I would like to recover so I would prefer to just get it working again.
Last edited by Kenneth70 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenneth70

Postby hyaena » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 am

Hi Kenneth,
are u aware, you´re on a forum for d8b ?
at least name your topic "off topic" to clear things.
Thank you
Manfred
hyaena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum