Change font size   Print view

Using D8B with Protools 9

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Using D8B with Protools 9

Postby deanf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi Casey, I haven't swapped the cards from slot to slot just yet only the optical cables just to verify that it was'nt the cables. I have no reason to suspect that the cards are the problem as I was using them without issue prior to the aquisition of the HDR. That said, it will be my next move. The chips are installed correctly as they impossible to install incorrectly, they can only be installed one way.

I thought perhaps I was overlooking a setting but I dont think so.. Everything seems to be set up correctly on the D8B set up page as well as the HDR... If all else fails, I have a second D8B that I can set up to trouble shoot this with.

Any other thoughts regarding what I may be overlooking are certainly welcomed.
Cheers
Dean
deanf

Postby deanf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:49 am

been swapping the cards around and the OPT- 8 worked fine in all the cards slots. Interestingly enough I left the OPT-8 in 1-8 and rotated the DIO-8's .. I now have signal from 1-16 and they are working perfectly. I think the troubleshooting is leading towards a bad firmware chip in one the the DIO-8's. Probably have to swap some chips later on tonight to rule this theory in our out!

Cheers
Dean
deanf

Postby Casey_Pittman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 am

Glad to hear you're making progress with it.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum