Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Web Site Online!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8Bridge Web Site Online!

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:20 am

Hello all!

Just wanted to announce officially that our new web site is now up and running!

Yes, you can pay us a visit at this following address: http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge

For those who want to know what D8Bridge is all about, it's a new software we wrote that converts your D8B into a full-fledged DAW controller. Simply put, it implements the MCU protocol to your D8B.

Thanks to all of you, the D8B Forum users for support! It's been a long ride!

Comments are welcome, as always.

Marc Girard
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Re: D8Bridge Web Site Online!

Postby Zorba the Geek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 am

Hello Marc,

You finally made it! Congratulations to all involved on a job well done! The D8Bridge website looks great by the way.

I have just made payment for my very own copy of d8bridge. I am running Cubendo (both flavors) on PC and am very much looking forward to trying out your creation once the software and cable arrive. I'll be in touch with some first impressions and beta-testing suggestions when I get a chance. Thanks again or all your hard work.

Kind regards,
George Andrews
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Zorba the Geek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 am

Hi again Marc,

Just had a quick look at the very well documented PDF instructions and thought I'd mention that I have successfully used LoopMidi before within my 64-bit set-up. (I use it without issue to control the master volume of my RME TotalMix utility via my keyboards Volume Up/Down keys). I can't see that there would be any difference between using MidiYoke and LoopMidi in this regard, as they are both simply allowing for the use of virtual midi ports. Both should work transparently with your software, but either way I'll let you know when I get started.

To all the rest of you, don't just pay Marc's new website a visit. It's finally reached the stage where we can really 'pay' Marc and his colleagues for all their hard work. Help support this great re-invention of the d8b.

Cheers,
George
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:17 am

Zorba the Geek wrote:Just had a quick look at the very well documented PDF instructions and thought I'd mention that I have successfully used LoopMidi before within my 64-bit set-up. (I use it without issue to control the master volume of my RME TotalMix utility via my keyboards Volume Up/Down keys). I can't see that there would be any difference between using MidiYoke and LoopMidi in this regard, as they are both simply allowing for the use of virtual midi ports. Both should work transparently with your software, but either way I'll let you know when I get started.

Yes LoopMIDI worked fine when Frank tested it. The advantage of LoopMIDI is that it's fully 32/64bit compatible. I might switch to LoopMIDI and do some more tests on my own install. I did recommend MidiYoke because D8Bridge was developed with it, so we're dead sure it works fine! :)

Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Re: [Sticky] D8Bridge Web Site Online!

Postby sweck » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:52 am

Thats awesome guys well done. Does it mean you cant use the d8b as a normal desk?
sweck

Postby bushwick sound labs » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:05 am

any word on 2.0 with mac for pro tools? i am dying to get a copy but not sure if it works
bushwick sound labs

Postby FrankH » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:53 pm

I bumped into this little nugget on the dedicated forum and thought it worthy of posting here:
Sorry for not being around more, I've been working on other projects to pay the bills. You see, right now music business is at an all time low here in Canada and it is quite hard to stay a float without the big mixing projects anymore. That being said, I'm not complaining, I just shifted focus, scaled down my mixing room and tried to carry on.

D8Bridge was quite an adventure for me! You see, most people once associated D8Bridge with D8B Support. Since Mackie dropped all form of support for the board (and let's be honest, it's not the best build quality). I worked hard to get D8Bridge 2.0 ready for you guys, I'm almost done on the PC side, in fact! The Mac side has some major twists that I can't fix, the mountain is a little bit too high for me to climb. There's also ProBox which arrived last year and made D8Bridge irrelevant. Looks like ProBox's working great and I wish them all the luck, they made an even better product.

Now, since I don't have much time to dedicate to D8Bridge anymore, I'd like to give back to the community who supported me though this adventure. I'd like to make the Source-Code available for you guys, for free. In other words, I'm making D8Bridge an Open-Source project.

D8Bridge is written with a cool little compiler called "PureBasic", it works wonder, it's fast and cheap! So, if there's some of you guys with programming skills, you can take it from here, enhance and do what ever you want with it. It is the very least I can do for you guys. Open-Sourcing D8Bridge will ensure future support for the software, I think it is the best option.

Once again, thanks again for the support, it's been a fun ride. I'll put the source code on my web site for you to download, I have to verify that I'm not infringing on any Mackie copyrights first.

And um....about this:
I'll put the source code on my web site for you to download

That'll be a neat trick considering the website up for sale and no longer exists.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:22 am

How 'bout he gives all purchasers their money back. That'd be the best option.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Return to d8b Forum