Change font size   Print view

Small forum improvements

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Small forum improvements

Postby Petersueco » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Just an update on the small improvements I have added to the board.

• Avatar size is now 150x150 pixels.
  • New better looking logo in the top header.
  • Added DATABASE link to the top right header.
More to come as soon I can figure out things.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Small forum improvements

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:00 pm

Looking good, Mr. H. :)

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby High C Double G » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Hi D8B alternate forum:

I think this does prove that there exist an alternate universe – once a theory now proven! :mrgreen:

Is there a way to, on an active thread, go to the first unread post? I belong to another forum and they have this feature, it is really convenient especially when the number of posts are many. You go right to where you left off. Just throwing it out there if it is do-able it is a good feature. Hopefully this transition is smooth. I have heard nothing about Mackie shutting down the other forum, and hopefully we all behave here and it will be a good place to be and hang out. The Mackie forum has been one of the better things that has happened to me and I would like to see it all continue with the same grace and dignity of the old school mother ship Mackie forum.

Also a spell check would be cool for us anal-retentive types, any chance of that?

I like big blue TOO

Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 am

Hi Michael.

About the first unread post, at the top right side of the thread there is a link that do what you ask for. Click on it and it gets you to the "First unread post" inside the thread.

About the spell check function the board itself do not have this functionality.

I would recommend you to install Firefox Mozilla browser. There are spell check dictionaries you can download and install (many different languages). Once those are installed, every time you write something in the post window the spell check is working for you.

For example, I have installed the Spanish, USA English and Swedish dictionaries and use them all the time. Before you start writing, right click in the blank text space an choose from the floating menu the last option (Spell check on). Then, when you start writing, the words that are wrong spelled gets underlined with a red dotted line, if you right click on that word the floating menu will give you options to what you wrote wrong. You can also change dictionary on the fly. After more than 2 years of using Firefox and it's complements I sure could not go back to IE. Give it a try. It's free: Firefox

Happy typing!

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to d8b Forum