Change font size   Print view

BLINKING

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

BLINKING

Postby cocoroman » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi every body,I have recently bought a D8B, but since then all I have is problems.I even took to Mackie Service and repair.
We I got back,channels 13+14 ( II.Adat card) wasn't working. So I opened it the console my self, and fouled a round with flat cables and there connections.When I turned on,Voila 13+14 was working again. But after all days work when I shut down, and next day turning on it's just Blinking and DSP Card error etc. but the weird thing about it, when I lift the console about 1 cm. and let it fall again. All the blinking stops. But the console is still not working.I have to wait and restart then suddenly it will work again.So my question is,do you think that guy at mackie service did a cold soldering at the Caps? Thanks for any idea, Honestly I am thinking to re opening at give a big hammer shock maybe it will work or dei for ever.Cheers..
P.S: is anybody encouraging me to leave it on all the time?
cocoroman

Re: BLINKING

Postby Phil.c » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:38 am

It sound like a loose connection but this could be anywhere, it's worth doing a ribbon re-seat again but this time spray the connections to clean them.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby cocoroman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Thanks Phil,I hate to open again but If I have to..I'll try to spray all connections and will see..
cocoroman

Postby Marc Girard » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Flaky ribbon maybe? The plastics tend to dry out and render cables a little fragile. Good luck!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Return to d8b Forum