Change font size   Print view

Error 43:DSP Control Card not ready, Boot Fail

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Error 43:DSP Control Card not ready, Boot Fail

Postby Saxdaddy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 am

Fixed it!! Yahooooo! I have to go with a split decision on the "Save" synthjoe was right on the money with the where to look "comms" post. But Steve at S&X pretty much nailed it when he said, "There's a real good chance you've got the two com ribbons switched. For future ref. The top half of the serial ribbon (inside the cpu) goes to the com 2 pins which is at the back of the cpu the bottom half of the serial ribbon goes to com1. Got full 5.1 load mouse, keyboard everything. Now I have to go find a 250 w or better psu to replace the dead sparkle. Thanks for the help Joe. Good call on the coms ports.
Saxdaddy

Postby Crash » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:14 pm

I remember this cable... ugh!
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 am

Glad it worked! I was thinking along these same lines but would have never guessed the right order of the plugs without opening my CPU box. Good help from S&X - they're keepers! :)

Good luck in getting the rest to work! (And now I understand your message about the blank screen. It is normal when updating the OS, because the program waits for input from the console, but it'll never work - neither the message on VFD nor the keypress on the desk itself - with the COM ports swapped. It is only normal for OS update, in normal operations it would indicate a VGA card problem.)
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Saxdaddy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:58 am

It was a PITA but thanks to your help and S&X we got it sorted. Now I'm upgrading the fan with the Zalman mod. Still waiting on a new psu. Then I can get back to recording. Thanks again it's a great group.
Saxdaddy

Previous

Return to d8b Forum