Change font size   Print view

new faders?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

new faders?

Postby studiodaz » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Is it still possible to get replacement faders and resolder them in for the D8B?

I have been living with no8 mostly not working unless I push my finger hard on it and it will start to move and No23 and No6 need a quick finger flick to get them to the correct reading.
..............................................D8B is good for me.................( when its working :-) ).....................
studiodaz

Re: new faders?

Postby synthjoe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:00 am

Reichelt.de seems to sell them at about 18 Euros apiece (here). Shipping conditions are kind of hostile, but you might be willing to put up with... :(

I found some information on the internet earlier indicating that these are working replacements for the originals, even though touch sensitive, while the originals aren't. I have NOT tried them, please let us know what the outcome is, should you order and make an attempt with these.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 pm

This Spanish guy exchanged the fader with success.

He sent me this document about it. I think you have to be quite handy to do it yourself.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 am

Just as a matter of interest, the faders are user serviceable. Clean the band with very mild soapy water and a cue tip, clean the visible wheel with isopropyl alcohol and give half a drop of sewing machine oil to the motor spindle. :-)

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:23 am

anyhorizon wrote:Just as a matter of interest, the faders are user serviceable. Clean the band with very mild soapy water and a cue tip, clean the visible wheel with isopropyl alcohol and give half a drop of sewing machine oil to the motor spindle.

Good info! That should go on the Maintenance section of Peter's web site! :) Thanks for sharing!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby KnRAllMedia » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 pm

In case the oil and cleaning doesn't work, I have OEM faders to replace the impossibley sticky ones. There is a YouTube video on what you need to do. You do not need to send the entire mixer in to have this corrected. The video is "Mackie D8B Fix" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftIfouVpYh4&list=UU2vw3ItfhuBxju4enXcPeRQ&index=10&feature=plcp
KnRAllMedia

Postby Petersueco » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Marc Girard wrote:
anyhorizon wrote:Just as a matter of interest, the faders are user serviceable. Clean the band with very mild soapy water and a cue tip, clean the visible wheel with isopropyl alcohol and give half a drop of sewing machine oil to the motor spindle.

Good info! That should go on the Maintenance section of Peter's web site! :) Thanks for sharing!

Added to the Maintenance section.

Thanks for sharing.

Peter Holmquist
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to d8b Forum