Change font size   Print view

The new Mackie mixer

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: The new Mackie mixer

Postby Dan Worley » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 am

FrankH wrote:
And WTF is up with their "poster-boy"? Is he supposed to be a Greg Mackie clone? I can't begin to tell you how repulsive and unappealing that imagery is.

I know, right?

The video was also disturbing -- especially the urinal scene.

I suppose they'll consider disturbing a success. I consider it stupid and moronic.

c-ya,

Dan Worley
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:04 am

The upside down mouth thing in that video is enough for me. What was that? The Groove Tube from 40 years ago? What a shame. Why don't Mackie read the massive d8b MkII threads. I was hoping for... oh, never mind.

reteP
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby floodstage » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

d8b Mark 2 would be awesome, no doubt!
floodstage

Postby FrankH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Nice to dream but, this will never ever happen. The "mk 2" was on paper a few months after the original was released (33 and 49 fadered/built-in screen versions). That was killed and then the whole digital dept was shown the door.

Eventually, the result was the DXB. And we all know how that worked out. Even Tascam killed off their DM-4800 recently.

The market drives what gets produced and I predict you're going see more and more of these iPad add-ons. Mackie rolled this thing out, AKAI rolled out a drum pad thing, Alesis hit early with their breakout box...etc. You just know there are going to be more and more of these things to cater to the DAW market as they catch on. There's a lot of "me too-ism" out there in the industry. Can't wait to see the paint job Behringer comes up with when they start ripping this stuff off.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:39 pm

FrankH wrote:
The market drives what gets produced and I predict you're going see more and more of these iPad add-ons. Mackie rolled this thing out, AKAI rolled out a drum pad thing, Alesis hit early with their breakout box...etc. You just know there are going to be more and more of these things to cater to the DAW market as they catch on. There's a lot of "me too-ism" out there in the industry. Can't wait to see the paint job Behringer comes up with when they start ripping this stuff off.

I agree with Frank, there just does not seem to be a digital console market for the studio anymore. There is still things happening for the live world but not the studio so much. It is all controllers for the DAW world. Seems like Mackie is really striving to connect with the prosumer level folks these days.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby floodstage » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 pm

This thing the DL1608 is definitely for live bands, and it's only a hair above entry level live.
It's targeted at bands that mix themselves who would like to be able to ask a friend to help once in a while.

For recording, my main concern is a good interface for tracking where I can build multiple monitor mixes and enable recording and punch in etc. The D8B is still awesome for this and I'll keep it around until I can't fix it anymore

I really don't care if I have a board around when it comes time to mix.
floodstage

Previous

Return to d8b Forum