Change font size   Print view

LOGIC D8B SYNC

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

LOGIC D8B SYNC

Postby kamue » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:05 pm

After 1 Year of programming we were able to root the D8B with LOGIC in both directions. We have written a new Environment in Logic. Its still not perfect, but it works fine in daily studio recording / mastering.

What works?

- 72 Fader operations + Master Fader
- All Panorama Pottys
- All Mute buttons
- Complete Control-Room
- Complete Solo - Studio Section
- Transport - Section

What would work, but needs time:

- Aux channels
- Rec ( works with seperate software )

what wont work:

- all other sections ( no midi signals )

The biggest problem we have encountered is the D8B - PC, its to slow when it comes to handle lots of midi - signals like 24 Track automations at the same time.

There are also some other little bugs we are trying to correct.

Proof of concept will be shown on 16.02.12 - 21.02.12

UPDATE:

UPDATE II / AUTOMATIONS:

UPDATE III / LOGIC D8B SYNC FOR FREE !!!!! ;)

Finally the conclusion was made. We have talked very often about the path we should take and now have decided:

THE LOGIC D8B SYNC WILL BE FOR FREE. ...WHY?

- We want to form a new community, in which all of us can try to improve the environment we made
- In wich everyone has the opportunity to Synch Logic in 2 ways, without spending hundreds of dollars

There are tons of other reasons but we think, not the reason is important. no, the conclusion to make it free is what makes it unigue and special.

We hope everyone will appriciate our work, because it was hell of a fight. and maybe people will aknowledge this fact by trying to help , making the first and only LOgic d8b snych, even better.

Now the facts:

Th environment is almost finnished ( routing some minor things i. e. headphones to control room...and things like that)

The Hompage where it can be downloaded, will be finished soon ( ~ 2 weeks ).

I hope we can get some comments to see some kind of feedback.

Every comment will be appriciated

M!DIA SOLUTIONS
Last edited by kamue on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
kamue

Re: LOGIC D8B SYNCH

Postby NigelC » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Are you going to charge for this? If so my only problem is that I still cannot fathom if my D8B has MIDI issues or not and if so spending money on an environment may be a waste. I have even tried a demo of a software called LC XMU http://www.opuslocus.com/lcxmu/ and found similar issues.

I could get some feedback but the faders and Logic seemed to be caught in a loop and it did this weird thing where the fader gradually worked its way down to zero!
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Casey_Pittman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Will it work in other DAWs or is it Logic Only?

I'm also assuming that the audio functions are still usable, is this correct?

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Banefane » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

@NigelC
At the beginning on our work we encountered the same problem with the feedback turning the fader to zero.That was the hard part, but the problem was solved.Check out the proof when its out on youtube ;). We will show a link here when its finished.

The possibility is high that it will be free of charge.You can download it on our homepage when it is out, but cant give a guaranty at this time of development.

@Casey_Pittman
It will work only on Logic, but it should work on every version of it.We tested it on logic 7 and 8 and it worked as it should be, but we are still in a testing phase.

And yes the audio functions are still usable.
Banefane

Postby NigelC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I am desperate to know how you managed it as I have tried every trick I can think of in the environment and have searched high and low. Have tried suggestions by others adding faders to channel strips in the mixer environment and still nothing. I don't suppose there's any chance of getting hold of it today via a PM?
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Banefane » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:10 pm

@NigelC
Sorry cant do that :? its still on development phase, that means without proper instructions you could have a hard time to use it...
And As I told in my first post we have to first think intensively to reflect what future plans we have with it.
Banefane

Postby Badbass780 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 pm

This is great news. Have you been able to get the level meters working?
Badbass780

Postby kamue » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:21 am

our level meters are working with adat. You just have to assign the right output to the right input. Or am i wrong? We can show a video for this too.
kamue

Postby Banefane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:52 pm

@Badbass780
hm I dont know if I truly understand your question.I suggest you mean the dB lvls?!
We discovered that levels on both sides have the startposition on 0 db but if you go lower(quieter) or higher(louder)
the indexes on the displays are not the same.But it has no negative effects on the sound.
Good that you asked I nearly forgot it :o
But its better if you see it yourself on the vid when its out.
Banefane

Postby Badbass780 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Feedback When I'm in hui mode the level meters receive feedback from daw since you've figeredout how to get the daw to talk to the faders,have you goten the faders to the same?
Badbass780

Next

Return to d8b Forum