Change font size   Print view

LED channel meter

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

LED channel meter

Postby High C Double G » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 am

Hi everyone!

I just noticed, and it isn't killing me, at least one channel LED level indicator on the meter bridge is of a lower brightness than the others. It is like the assembly fell away from the front of the meter bridge. it is still there and working but not as bright.

Is this how the insides are for the meter bridge? I really don't want to rip into the thing right now, and I moved it maybe two years ago but never noticed anything until now (Channel 17 best to my memory) - it works but is not as bright as the others. I will know more on Tuesday when I get back in there if there are any more that are not bright like the others.

Thanks for any help,

Michael
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: LED channel meter

Postby Crash » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Getting to meter bridge section is not for the faint of heart. That was like the 2nd step in the build as I recall, so you have dig pretty deep to get to a point where you can access that stuff. I have a bare meter bridge around here somewhere if you need pics of something.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: LED channel meter

Postby High C Double G » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks Crash... I remember this too but only by what I have read on the forums over the years... VFD and all that. It seems that it's working and it is a little quirk thing more than anything else. I'm sure I still have your E-mail; I'll get to it tomorrow and would appreciate the photos. This might give me some insight when I do choose to do something about it. I know you're busy so I will be in touch. As mentioned I do not want to tear into the thing now... got pancakes on the griddle. Thanks for the reply!

Buzz Lightyear
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum