Change font size   Print view

Newbie needs help to complete d8b hdr mac logic setup

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Newbie needs help to complete d8b hdr mac logic setup

Postby FrankH » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Frank, I did'nt realise that the audio wire card was a PCI!

That's OK, Phil. As long as we're all on the same page now.
So there we have it, mk2 traveller it is!

I did a little reading on this last night and from what I can tell, 2 major advantages of the mk3 over the mk2 are: more digital audio I/O (2 sets of ADAT connections) for a total of 28 in/30 out and MTC support...which may be important for Dean's criteria.

Peter: are your Travellers mk2 or mk3's? If mk2's, are there any MTC issues you've noticed?
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 pm

I don't think that the amounts of I/O's are important for what Dean is talking about, I do however think that he will need a 2x2 if a keyboard is going to be used?

As for the Traveller, it should be ok, but I've not used one so Frank's question about MTC would be worth checking out!

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 am

Frank,

Believe it or not, my Travelers are both Mk I but sonically, they are excellent. I use 2 MTPs to deal with MIDI. I have quite a few antiquated devices and the MTPs serve me well in that department.

Cheers,

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby dean » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:32 am

Ok back to my original thread before the problems began....

We have been messing around with the whole ftp thing since sorting out our problems too see if we really need the motu interfce etc. While the mac is quite new to us + never using an ftp client before, we are finding it difficult to set up. Im sure it's quite simple so it would be great if you could give us some tips. We did fluke it and managed to get tracks over from hdr but couldn't remember how to get the correct tcp-ip settings back after disconnecting to use the internet.

We obviously rendered the tracks, swapped them over to internal hd on hdr for the mac to recognise them. Downloded them to mac then uploaded to logic and it worked treat. The problem for us is that is doesn't recognize the hdr automatically and it seemed that we needed to change the settings in tcp-ip and cyberduck manually (since forgotten) in order to make to connection and change them back again to use the internet etc.

What is the best free ftp client to use for the imac with snow leapard and what settings adjustments do we need to make to the tcp-ip / ftp client in order for it to work. cheers, dean......
dean

Postby FrankH » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 am

I use Transmit on the Mac. You should be able to get Cyberduck to work as well. Beyond the obvious matching of the server address ( I use the number in the screenshot), you just need to make sure there is a "/" entered for the Remote path.
screenshot_01.png
screenshot_01.png (Array KiB) Viewed 928 times
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby dean » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 am

Top man, thank you frank. Worked first time.

I think this route you suggested is indeed all we need for the moment. It's going to be very rough work/scrapbook ideas for the foreseble so this is perfect for the writing stages and what we need it for. We havn't done an aweful lot in logic 8 yet but we plan to utilise the keyboard to aid in writing/samples etc. Would it work well with logic via usb straight into the back of the imac? Or do we need the midisport 2x2 or something similar?

Much appreciate your time and input, thanks to everyone.

dean
dean

Postby Phil.c » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:14 am

I might be wrong but I think you still need the 2x2.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum