Change font size   Print view

I think i bought a broken d8b

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

I think i bought a broken d8b

Postby Icepik805 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 am

I recently puirchase a d8b for 600 dollars form individual from craigs list i think i got done in for a scam. Seller said he used it all the time and just didnt use it no more...well the board has all the pci cards in the back the pc and power supply all work....i tried too open old session and sound came out...i need to know how to do a factory reset and learn hot to play a demo song so i can configure how to hear sound....... i think my wheen in non functional cuz i turrn it when a session in open and i get no changes in the digital meter.... can someone help.. im considering selling it.... or buy the d8b bridge for 350 and try to use it as daw... can soome give me some assistance thanks
Icepik805

Re: I think i bought a broken d8b

Postby Icepik805 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:25 am

I meant to say i cant get sound form my d8b at all
Icepik805

Postby High C Double G » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 am

What other items do you have attached to your d8b and what are you attempting to do with it? The d8b is a mixer, a console, a desk, a way to route analog and digital signals to various in and out points with a ton of added extra cool stuff. It will do nothing on its own in terms of sound.

I hope this helps you, do you have a manual? or better yet go and download the manual for your software version at the Mackie site and start reading. This is where you start... at the beginning.
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:41 am

eet soun two mee zat dere iss no worldclock carte at ze hind off ze sink carte banal.

Pedro
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Crash » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:12 pm

We need more info to help you out. We need to know what I/O cards you have and what you are using for a sound source. How is the thing clocked. This is a bit deeper than the average Mackie small format mixer so cracking open the manual may be helpful as well. My money is you are experiencing pilot error as opposed to the console being junk, though that is possible.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:16 pm

anyhorizon wrote:eet soun two mee zat dere iss no worldclock carte at ze hind off ze sink carte banal.

Pedro

Yes this is appropriate to check... there is a slot in the back labeled sync open those two screws and see if there is a card in there, or if you can see a card with two BNC connectors on it in that place and report back.

Hi Pedro :lol:
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum