Change font size   Print view

problems with my d8b

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: problems with my d8b

Postby Crash » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:54 am

I had a sticky fader that disappeared with a software install. Happened when I went from version 3 to 5.... Maybe a reinstall might be worth a shot.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Maloik » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 am

I just moved around the fader boards....1-8 to 9-16 and 9-16 to 1-8....and the problem are not faders 12 and 16 anymore but faders 4 and 8....so it's the same faders like before..this makes me worry that there's something wrong with this fader unit.
nevertheless thank you for your replies....I will give it a try and keep reporting :-)
Maloik
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Casey_Pittman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Well, dishing out for two faders isn't as bad as dishing out for a new fader board, that may or may not work. You might try just re-soldering the connections to those faders, could be a cold solder joint. If that doesn't do the trick I have some spares from my parts console. I can't guarantee that they'll work, as the fader boards they were on were fried when I got them. But I do have some.

Even though this sounds like a shameless advertisement it isn't meant as one. Try to re-solder first. Should be 5 pins. 3 at the top and 2 at the bottom.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum