Change font size   Print view

d8b v3.0 won't boot

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b v3.0 won't boot

Postby joeysounds » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am

Not sure where to begin. It's been a long night. As things stand now, I'm trying to reinstall v3.0. The hard drive's been formatted and the install got to a point where I was instructed to remove the floppy disk and reboot. The boot sequence gets to where it is looking for the operating system in the floppy which fails because there is no disk. Then it looks for it on IDE 0 which is successful. The next line on the boot screen has some copyright information followed by the following:

File not found
BOOT FAIL

I've checked the mouse, keyboard, and data cables. They all seem to be working. All of this started trying to integrate a new Apogee Ensemble into the system. I completely unhooked that from the console. It's just the d8b, the mouse, the vga monitor, the keyboard, and the data cable hooked up.

What's going on I'm dead in the water with a client waiting for me to master a song for him.

Thanks in advance.
joeysounds

Re: d8b v3.0 won't boot

Postby Crash » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Hmmmm. Did you check this out? Specifically, check out the part on LBA settings....

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/files/d8b_f ... ocdure.pdf
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby joeysounds » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 pm

That looks promising. I'm going to give it a try. After reading more on the forum, I think where I went wrong with this whole thing is not powering up the d8b first. I figured that since I was using the Apogee as the master clock, the Apogee should be turned on first. Whoops!!! I'll give the LBA a shot and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.
joeysounds

Postby Phil.c » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 am

If I power up my D8b's first before the master clock, I get all sorts of problems it starts with the faders slamming to the bottom.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby joeysounds » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 am

OK we're up and running with the d8b. The LBA settings didn't work but I had an extra 20 gig hard drive so I replaced the existing drive then formatted and reinstalled 3.0.
joeysounds

Postby Phil.c » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:55 am

Good for you!

Can you remember where you got your hard drive from?

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum