Change font size   Print view

A&H GSR24

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: A&H GSR24

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:03 pm

I wasn't of a mind to relinquish my d8b or HDR, more thinking of the R24 as an adjunct. I still have a 2" 24 track machine and Dolby SR. I saw it as a way to stay analog, penultimate to the bitter end. Anyway, there's a 69 page thread over on Gearslutz that raises some issues that are of interest, some of them not fully answered. Lot of flakes on that site. You've talked me out of it which is probably a good thing. More money for that skiing trip now. :)

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby FrankH » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 pm

I almost feel like saying: "Well....my job here is done". But I can't. My point was that this console needs more research...at least from actual users. The problem with the Gearslutz thread is that it irrelevant til about midway, when A&H starts to ship actually the thing. And then, a few (and by this I mean 3) actual owners show up after a while and when they do, they can't answer enough questions adequately because they haven't even tested the thing themselves or their day to day use is too limited.

Most of the questions posed are operational....ot enough people asking about reliability.....service, support...etc.

So enjoy skiing....and maybe by the time you get back, there will be more info. I myself will pursue a hands on attempt somewhere.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 am

Peter,

Going sking --- I hate you!!!!!!! Wife and I used to go down nearly every weekend, now we only go once every couple of years, but from our son's house in Denver --- now there's sking!!!!!

Looks like we will have to wait until Integrate to see if the desk will be on show. Also, I would have thought that if it is about 10K in the US, it will be more like 15 - 20k here!!!!!!!!

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum