Change font size   Print view

booting/wordclock issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: booting/wordclock issue

Postby krstudio » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:11 am

OK i got out the manual and found part of the issue. When an Apogee WC card is present there are supposed to be two drop down menus in the setup section. One for sample rate selection and the second window for internal/WC selection. I am not getting the second menu. The board is not recognizing the presence of the Apogee sync card. It does not recognize the spare either. Now I am really stumped.
krstudio

Postby Crash » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 pm

I assume you have the flashing question mark/asterik in the VFD window when using the Apogee cards....
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby krstudio » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:25 pm

No flashing question mark/asterik in the VFD window. Everything boots up, software seems OK, move faders and the screen follows. No analog, no digital. Everything is perfect when the original WC card goes back in.
krstudio

Postby Crash » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:00 pm

krstudio wrote:No flashing question mark/asterik in the VFD window. Everything boots up, software seems OK, move faders and the screen follows. No analog, no digital. Everything is perfect when the original WC card goes back in.

If you don't have any flashing VFD stuff with Apogee, then it sees the card I would think. You are saying you can't get to the right side drop down window on the digital I/O screen that let's you toggle between internal and external WC? If that is the case... I am baffled. I would go with some re-installing of software.

One other way outside the box thing to try is to check all of your bios stuff. I know that sounds weird but I talked my buddy through his rig when he lost the ability to get the console to to do any automation. IRQ Legacy 10 was the culprit. I may be grasping at straws on this one but it can't hurt to look things over there.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby krstudio » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Thank you Crash. I will check the bios. I am waiting to hear back from a friend who still has a floppy drive to get some fresh image discs. Mine are very old and do not seem to work. I tried an install this morning but when the D8B tried to access the floppy it would move on to normal boot after 10-15 seconds of floppy effort.
krstudio

Postby Crash » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Is it even trying to read the floppies? Any green light on the floppy drive or whiring like it is trying? If not, more indication to bios oddities in my mind.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby krstudio » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Yes the green light comes on for about 10 seconds and then moves on. I am downloading the bios settings in a little bit. Been up most of the night and getting burned out. I'll figure out though!
krstudio

Postby krstudio » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 am

Got it figured out! HD was bad. Up and running, but this was a serious PITA. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Not bad enough to keep it from booting, but bad enough to keep me running in circles for a few days!

Jeff
krstudio

Postby Crash » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:49 pm

That seems a bit of an unusual failure but glad you are sorted and up and running.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby OscarPro1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey Guys,

I just installed an Apogee Word Clock Card that I purchased a few days ago. I removed the original clock card that came with the d8b and inserted the Apogee clock card securely. No issues on boot were apparent, but the Apogee clock card is not showing up in the Digital I/O MENU in the setup page, and there is no sound. I tried reseating the Apogee clock card a few times but still it is not showing up.
I re-installed the original clock card and sound and sync was back again.
I tried installing the Apogee Clock card in the second d8b that I have but got the same results as before. The card is just not showing up in the digi I/O menu in setup. Am I missing something here or was I sold a faulty card?
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Knowledge is the beginning of Wisdom... Let the learning begin.
OscarPro1
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum