Change font size   Print view

I'm a d8b newb and need some help please

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: I'm a d8b newb and need some help please

Postby Rockroach » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Casey_Pittman wrote:
Rockroach wrote:Lol nice! How do I find one though? Searched, but nothing

They're kinda rare, so you just have to keep a look out on ebay. And by kinda I mean that sometimes there will be like 3 or 4 for sale at one time then nothing for awhile.

Use this time to study the manual and the database. Especially the part on how to route your signals to and fro. This seems to be the pits for new users. Also I see you said you would like it to work with protools, but you didn't mention what software version you were on(at least I didn't see it if you did). To work with PT you will need V5.1 for it's HUI function. Also read up on that, it's in the V5.1 manual.

Or even better, stick with your motu as your interface don't worry about a sync card or upgrading the software and check out marc's d8bridge software that goes well beyond the capabilities of the HUI mode but doesn't give you any audio functions on the board. The cost of d8bridge will be cheaper than having to buy a sync card for 300.00-400.00, depending on the seller, and new software for 174.00. Just sayin. You can read up on that in the d8bridge portion of the forum.

Now you have even more homework...

-Casey

Oh thanks!!! I'll go check the d8bridge section, thanks for the heads up! Oh, and I use Protools 9

Also, I found these on eBay! Would these do the trick?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321010329246?ss ... 1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321010329213?ss ... 1438.l2649
Rockroach

Re: I'm a d8b newb and need some help please

Postby hyaena » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:35 am

Rockroach wrote:
Casey_Pittman wrote:

No.
Take a look at the picture, Crash posted.
Two BNCs, Word Clock In and Word Clock Out.

Manfred
hyaena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum