Change font size   Print view

Recently aquired D8B problems

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Recently aquired D8B problems

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Hey,

I recently got myself a d8b and have a few problems.

1. When I plug the keyboard in it doesn't seem to respond. I don't have a mouse in at the moment and i'm trying to use the number hotkeys for each section etc.

2. When I plug the ethernet cable in my computer doesnt seem to do anything/recognise it.

3. Also I'm wondering if it has the railcap problem as the assign lights flash every so often and the pots spin. However I'm also wondering if this is simply because it was previously hooked up to a project it's trying to load but I don't have any multi-track or anything plugged into it yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Also just to note. I'm a software engineer so very computer literate so I have tried the usual things to fix these. Thanks
ryanjuk

Re: Recently aquired D8B problems

Postby Crash » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 pm

So you have set the BIOS settings where they are supposed to be as it relates to which processor you have?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

The problem with the keyboard is causing way too much headache now. I cleaned some connectors and the bios reset to default settings with the standard f1 to continue. However the keyboard doesnt work to use f1 to continue or DEL to bios. Any idea?
ryanjuk

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:00 pm

The lights on the keyboard flash when it starts up. But it's ignoring any buttons I press.
ryanjuk

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Ok I got the keyboard working. Do you have a link to the correct bios settings for the celeron 366?
ryanjuk

Postby Crash » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 pm

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/files/hdr_a ... b_bios.pdf

You may want to make note of the database as well. There is a ton of info collected over the years in a nice organized place to help you with issues. And of course, we are here to help too. Welcome and best of luck.

Here is the link to the database:

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/index.html
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I've already been looking at the database thanks :). Seems to be lots of help here and thanks for replying so quickly. I've got it booting again and I think it's just the keyboard is an ebay piece of crap the guy must have got.

Any ideas regarding the ethernet cable? Trying to get a mouse working using a usb->ps2 adapter. Any idea if this should work or not with this?
ryanjuk

Postby Crash » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 pm

I have never had much luck with those USB converter dealios on mice. I don't use an ethernet cable on my rig since I have no need to sling mix files on a network so I am of no help there, sorry.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Right so after playing around with it. I definitely need a better keyboard and a proper ps2 mouse.

One thing though that's bugging me. When I turn some of the pots. They jump between all the different settings rather than smoothly transitioning. Like jumping from the start to the end and such. Could this be the rail capacitor problem?

Also does anyone here have experience with the rail capacitor problem and how much it actually costs to fix?

Thanks
ryanjuk

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Oh also. Some of the faders like to get stuck at max volume. Some of them fix themselves after playing with them but one channel stays at the very max no matter how or where I move it. Does this suggest the motor is buggered?
ryanjuk

Next

Return to d8b Forum