Change font size   Print view

d8b digital i/o adat

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b digital i/o adat

Postby ryanjuk » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey,

I've solved quite a few problems with my mackie and finally got it hooked up to the computer. However when I have my levels set to unity and put them straight into the computer like that it's REALLY loud and just distorts on the computer. I'm having to lower the levels to around -50 for them to be alright. I've turned off the +3db on the RME interface but it's still coming through really loud. Having trouble finding which setting is doing this.

Also my Input1 is been passed through as ADAT6 for some reason. Will keep troubleshooting it myself and it'll be my own misconfiguration but asking the question can't hurt.
ryanjuk

Re: d8b digital i/o adat

Postby ryanjuk » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm

May just be I haven't figured out the routing properly yet. Having to assign the channel to tape out to get it to go through at the moment. Not sure if this is the correct way if I'm wanting to pass each channel 1-8 individually through adat.
ryanjuk

Postby Crash » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Are you using the direct outs on the GUI? That will get you 1 to 1 or 1 to 24 or 1 to whatever. There is a drop down there that will let you rest it or do 1 to 1, etc.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm

I still haven't got a mouse working on the GUI till I go to maplins tomorrow. I had it all hooked up on the computer adat 1-24 through ASIO. So I haven't been able to play with the GUI for the channel yet to see what I can do. I'm wondering if the tapeout is just a stereo out and sends everything? Seems like it, but why it's going to channel 6 is probably configured somewhere in the GUI. Guessing there's a lot of settings on the GUI I can play with that link to the output cards.

Also how should I be routing the outputs through the digital i/o cards. Do you have any examples/images?

Thanks
ryanjuk

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am

In a situation like this, I'd be inclined to trash all start up files, reboot (which will create a clean slate start up file) and re-configure the desk the way you want. There's a topic in the database that covers this.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Alright so I got the levels sorted. Desk was set to 41k and computer to 48k so that caused massive level differences.

However I still have a problem that if I assign a channel to TapeOut2 it comes into my computer as Input8. So seems like some kind of problem with the AIO8 card or the computer. Any ideas?
ryanjuk

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Noticed something else really odd. When I change the Digital I/O Sample Rate between 41/48khz it randomly changes which channel it comes into my computer and also randomly makes it either too loud or quiet. Does this suggest some kind of problem with the I/O cards? And is there a way I can resolve this. Does resetting the UFX cards reset to I/O ones too?
ryanjuk

Postby Crash » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:06 pm

I can't think of a reason from the d8b side on why sample rate changes would change your computer inputs. Even the volume changes are an oddity. You are using AIO.8 cards? If so, can you move your interface (25pin to XLR?) cable from the AIO.8 to the bus outs and see if the assignment oddities happen there as well?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 pm

I tested the cards individually and it seems it's a specific card that's buggy with the sample rate and odd channel routing. Left it in for now as it doesn't effect the other cards but will have to replace that.

Anyone know if you can get the cards serviced or flash them with new firmware etc?
ryanjuk

Postby Crash » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

You might check with S&X pro audio. They are probably the place to see if they might service it... mostly ex Mackie folk that used to work with these and they are familiar with the d8b. Google them.. last time I looked them up I think I gave out an old address. They are in Tukwila Way or Federal Way WA. but I can't remember which is which for their current location.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum