Change font size   Print view

d8b clock

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: d8b clock

Postby animix » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:33 pm

ryanjuk wrote:Yeh I meant DIO8 silly me. No need to be a dick about it though ey ;).

Is that port on the bottom of the DIO8 cards a WORD (grr keep typing world) clock or not? In the manual it just says SYNC next to them.

Any external device that is receiving it's clock signal from the d8B ADAT ports, any BNC output or AES or S/Pdif output of the d8B is effectively syncing to the internal d8B clock since that's what is generating the clock signal that all ports are sending.

I'm new to this forum and my intent is not to slag the d8B but in my brief experience with this board I have slaved it to both a Lucid and a Mytek word clock and, to my ears, there was quite an improvement over the internal clock and even over the Apogee clock card for the d8B. In order to slave the board to external word clock, you will have to buy the Apogee board. Small price to pay, IMO.
animix

Re: d8b clock

Postby tmarkov1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:53 am

I agree with what you say. I know it technically shouldn't matter, but having the Apogee card in, verses having the initial word clock card in, makes even a bigger difference. I clock with the RME at 44.1 and 48k with excellent results. If you have the Apogee card, it should definitely be used over sub-par interfaces with jittery internal clocks. I/E MAudio ProFire 2626. The Apogee made a difference.
tmarkov1

Previous

Return to d8b Forum