Change font size   Print view

CPU Fan to 7volts?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: CPU Fan to 7volts?

Postby albridi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:51 am

Hi djrezinfingerz,

Here I bought the Fractal fan: https://www.alternate.es/html/product/F ... m/1023589/? This probably isn't the quietest fan (I'm sure an 8cm fan will be quietest), but is right to me.

As to the HDD replacement advantages, it's a noise question to me. The most noisy thing in my CPU it was the HD, I think. Now I've got one SSD mounted with a SATA to IDE converter attached, and believe me, I'm very happy with the "no-noise" level that it generates :mrgreen: .

Another thing that could be interesting: I tried to copy an image of the original MAXTOR HD to my new SSD Corsair, using Seagate's DiskWizard tool, but I did something wrong at some point and it doesn't worked as I expected, so I had to install all software again using Mackie installers. My mistake was to used the DiskWizard "Clone" option, I suspect that it omitted the boot sectors of the drive. If I should do it again, I would probably do an image file to another disk, to assure it copies the MRB identically, and finally I would mount this image file over the SSD.

Kind regrads.
albridi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum