Change font size   Print view

Must be missing something..please help

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Must be missing something..please help

Postby Element11 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Ok so I got everything connected and recording seem to be a bit tricky. I am using Protools 10 or Presonus Studio One 2 as my DAW. I set up the inputs as ADAT 1-24 on the DAW. Select ADAT 1 on input track up to 8 tracks for testing purposes. On the D8B I assign 8 channels "Route to Tape", and I get signal coming in. However, When I push the fader down (assuming I had the faders up for signal) on channel one, the rest of the channel input including one in the DAW lose signal. It seem to be acting as the main fader for all, why???? When I listen back to the recording all I hear is multiples of the same channel, why if the input on the DAW is set to ADAT1,ADAT2,ADAT3,etc. But when I listen to the input of the D8B, I hear the different channels as they are mic'd. What am I missing or doing wrong?? Please help I am new at this and sorry if I may not be explaining myself right.
Element11

Re: Must be missing something..please help

Postby Casey_Pittman » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Sounds like you have "faders to tape" selected. Hit the manual again and look over the routing section. You just need to figure out where everything is going to and coming from. Don't just skim over it really read whats going on. If all your hearing is multiples of the same channel then something in your routing isn't right. Double check the motu software to make sure everything is set right.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum