Change font size   Print view

D8B as a 24 Chanel DAW Controller + Audio

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: D8B as a 24 Chanel DAW Controller + Audio

Postby BrianJ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes, zax sent me the programs. I've responded in the cable connections page. Working on setting up the VSPE and LoopMidi...please check the cable connections page for those details to check if it's right and what to do next...thanks!

Brian
BrianJ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby studiodaz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:19 pm

this project looks interesting, if I was to make a cable what software would I need?
..............................................D8B is good for me.................( when its working :-) ).....................
studiodaz

Postby thruhiker » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:27 am

So could this be the thing us Pro Tools Users have been hoping for? From all I've read, MCU, HUI, it seems so......?

I'll build a cable straight away and figure out the installation of it could actually be so.

Here's hoping!!!
thruhiker

Postby Bendix » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:28 pm

If you are succesfull in turning the d8b into a 24 channel daw controller that would still work as a 24 channel digital mixer for audio then I would be very interested, for sure! :)
Bendix

Postby elperroromel » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Bendix wrote:If you are succesfull in turning the d8b into a 24 channel daw controller that would still work as a 24 channel digital mixer for audio then I would be very interested, for sure! :)

that's just what I'm doing, and I have been using the program for a while and it works fine ( just needs some bugfixes and some improvements and features)
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bill Roper » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 am

I'm also really interested in this. It's just that there's not a whole lot to say until it's ready to be played with.:)
Bill Roper

Postby callmevicjames » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:48 am

Given that i'm no programmer by any means i'm wondering how long you'll need to get the remainder of the bug fixes done? My current d8b is dead and I would so much rather spend money on your software than the D8bridge package as I don't want to loose the I/o of the board.
callmevicjames

Postby IronBone » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 am

Hello all!
I am new to the forum, I've been reading up on this thread, and a few others, for a couple of weeks now and have decided that between the information that is displayed here and the hopeful advances of a possible d8bridge, I have purchased a d8b unit. Although the d8bridge seems to have converted this unit into a fairly dependable daw controller, the thought and hope that I could use this unit to track, and playback audio as a daw controller is ultimately what I am interested in doing.

I'm not a programmer, but I do have some soldering experience and would be interested in making myself one of these nifty cables that I have read about. Ultimately, I am just curious if this is a realistic possibility to have this unit act as both, a digital mixing console capable of tracking to my daw software (sonar x1, at the moment), and a daw controller that I could use to incorporate a hands on mix. If so, how would I go about obtaining a copy of this software?

In order to get a better understanding of what my options are, I may be posting some questions in the d8bridge forum as well. Thanks to anyone who could give me a little direction in this new adventure.
IronBone

Postby Carlo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Nice...go for it....
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Recording Drummer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Elperroromel,

This is Recording Drummer. Outstanding work! It looks like your program will fit my needs. I am sure I could make the cables. I have version 3 with no Hui, but from what I read, it does not matter. But no posts since August. Wondering how things are going? I definitely need 48 tracks of recording. Please let me try it and if it works for me I will be glad to make a donation. Please give us an update on how things are going.

RD

PS Maybe it is best to decide what forum to post this topic since we are in both the bridge and d8 forum. The thread I just created is a copy from the other forum. Can't wait to hear from Master El to post some updates:)
Recording Drummer

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum