Change font size   Print view

MIDI input for PC keyboard?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

MIDI input for PC keyboard?

Postby thruhiker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Finally getting my studio set back up and was curious about one thing concerning my newly acquired d8b.

the Keyboard input on the D8b is a MIDI input. Honestly never seen that. I know there are conversion cables for this. before I buy the correct conversion cable, is it possible to use a dual input conversion cable to plug both the keyboard and mouse into the same port, and, have it work?

the ps/2 connector on the d8b cpu is sketchy at best (had to yank :shock: (as a last resort) my mouse cable to get it to detach from the existing ps/2 connector after mouse seemed to not be working when plugged in there. the connector also sticks out of the card it is attached to.

Thanks!
Tony
thruhiker

Re: MIDI input for PC keyboard?

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:58 pm

??? The MIDI connection is a nine pin affair. There are seperate holes for the keyboard and mouse.

Big one, bottom left...keyboard. Right side of bnc connector far right...midi, first slot small on the bottom bottom, mouse. So left to right it is keyboard (big round hole), mouse (small round hole), midi (9 pin).

You may need one of these for your keyboard:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Keyboard ... B0016RTMQE
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby thruhiker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks Crash!! I knew what the connectors were for but was alarmed that the mouse connection stuck out of the card. but apparently that is they way it is.

cheers!
thruhiker

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 pm

If you are having issues with things acting weird, you may want to check the BIOS settings for the processor you are running. (166 or 300mhz) Make sure these are right or things can be odd with the d8b. The BIOS settings are located in the databse here on the site.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby thruhiker » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks!!
thruhiker

Return to d8b Forum