Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:06 pm

I take it that this knowledge you impart is because you have attempted such, Carlo.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Carlo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi Peter,

Yes but only with the help of Maxcz.
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby maxcz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:20 am

Oh yes, this authorization thing is an absolute pain.
You cannot simply remove the chip, cause then the d8b reads FFFF-FFFF-FFFF as ESN.
Otherwise, if you short out the chip, it reads 0000-0000-0000

You will find absolutely no auth codes matching these ESNs :-(
(Which is a pity, cause it would make things a lot easier)

So the only way so far is to get a set of auth codes for all plugins with matching ESN, program it into a chip, and put this into your brainboard...
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Ok, thanks both :-)

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Oocca » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:53 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and have been using my school's D8B for a while now. I've started to have problems with it and I'll post questions about it in seperate threads in the near future.

I emailed Mackie's suppoort desk about purchasing a V5 license for the mixer and if they had officially dissolved long-term support for the system (because after updating the design for their website the D8B's homepage somehow disappeared) and got this response:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for writing!

Yes, the d8b has been discontinued for several years now. V5.1 is also no longer for sale.

All the best,
Technical Support
Mackie/TAPCO/Ampeg/Crate
LOUD Technologies Inc.

I also asked if there were any way to acquire license keys for v5, and got this response:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for writing!

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to issue new licenses for V5.1 on the d8b. If your mixer does not already have the license assigned to it there is no way to do so now.

All the best,
Technical Support
Mackie/TAPCO/Ampeg/Crate
LOUD Technologies Inc.
800-258-6883 ext. 1632

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. This sucks a whole lot for me too. I just figured that this is going to make our effort a whole lot harder now, and that I should mention it. :cry:

Best of luck,
-Richard
Oocca

Postby Crash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:20 pm

This is something us old timers have known for years...
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby arjepsen » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:25 pm

doktor1360 wrote:
Moe Daniels wrote:Carlo,
I have 2 D8b's. One is a 5 and the other is a 3. Can I use the same code that I have for the 5 to upgrade the 3? Also once I upgrade can I use the same codes to unlock the plugins from the 5 and use with the upgraded OS for the other D8b?
Thanks.

The OS is backward compatible, not forward. My v5.1 plugin codes work on v3 & v5.1 (v3 codes WILL NOT work in v5.1), can't say the same for the Mackie OS v5.1 unlock code... but that's been the issue with this thread all along... so, if you don't have a WORKING unlock code for v5.1, you're S.O.L. like a good many of us...

Peace

So.... reading through this thread there seems to have been several attempts at getting 5.1 to work:

One working way is to do a hardware hack with macxz' help.... but this requires that you have a working esn/authorization pair - and us poor souls with only one console dont have this option.

Then there has been several suggestions on a software hack - if I understand correctly, "dok" was the first to head into that, with the idea of hacking the software to either skip the authorization, prolong the demo period, or customize what ESN the software reports.
Can anyone comment on how far they've come with this? Is it a dead end, or???? please report on this, someone.

I just wanted to make another software suggestion:
Maybe a "brute force" method could be used?
Meaning, starting from 0000-00... and increasing the unlock code by 1 at each attempt, untill the working unlock code was found?
Of course is not a workable solution for a human - there's way too many options to go through.
But would it be possible for someone to make a small program that could do this?
I imagine it could be tricky, since it would have to be able to run in the native mackieOS, but is there a way to get around this?
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby rafland » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:06 am

thanks dude i'll try it and give you a response
rafland

Postby munkustrap » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:39 am

Hi

the 5.1 is hacked. the control.asc is hacked in a way that all Brainboards send the same ESN so you can use the unlock codes from this Special Brain Unit.

Download is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwity8t7dawlc ... e.zip?dl=0

simply install 5.1, replace the control.asc with the hacked one and unlock everything with the codes in the second file.

best regards
munkustrap

Postby Carlo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:34 pm

??????????? What's this munkustrap. The link is broken
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum