Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby cvv » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:58 pm

If the value of 420,000 is found then they would be likely be using a 32 unsigned integer. If that is the case we'd be better substituting 0x7FFFFFFF as this would give about 600 hours of use. But even if they are using 16 bit integer and storing just a 7, the value to switch there would be 0x7FFF, giving about 9 hours.

Has anyone tried installing OS 5.1 on a "standard" PC (i.e. not a Mackie D8B). If someone can give some pointers as to what they've already done or how far they've gotten with looking at the DLL, I might be able to help. I'd prefer not to have to start from scratch or down paths that have already been determined not to be fruitful.

- cvv
cvv

Postby lightning37 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 am

Hi everone.
I found this great forum while I was looking for a solution to install v5.1 on my D8B.
Actually I habe v3 installed, but now I want to use the HUI Mode, and this is only possible in v5.1.
So are there any solutions?

Thank you.
Dieter
lightning37

Postby Old School » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:41 am

Hi all,
In response to your question cvv, I do not believe anyone has successfully installed the Mackie OS on anything other than the D8B, as the operating system has to "see" certain OEM component hardware or it will not boot. Unless you can emulate such things(such as the video card it is looking for ) I don't know if this can be accomplished. If I can be of help in any way (I have a spare unit) let me know.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby cvv » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:06 am

Just spent several hours upgrading from v.2 to v.3 to see what the process might be like on the 5.0 upgrade. Anyway, the *.img files are not decompressed into their individual counterparts until the user agrees to the install via the console. As such there isn't anyway for me to get the rs422.dll unless I install 5.1 in demo mode and then I'd have to go through the whole 3.0 install again (floppies are slow and between the v.3, the patch for v.3, and the MFX/UFX SP3 it takes a 6 of them and the USB floppy drive I bought throws tons of errors - even when formatting).

So, if someone wants to send me rs422.dll I'll take a crack at figuring out how if works.

Anyone??

- cvv
cvv

Postby topdiggy2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:50 pm

CCV

How does one get that file and send it to you?
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby maxcz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 pm

If you want I can zip the whole d8b filesystem and provide it as http download...
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby maxcz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

It would be great to get the os running in a virtual machine - maybe I can convert my image to a virtual box VM. It will not boot for the following reasons:
- wrong VGA adapter
- console missing
- midi hardware missing
- wrong Ethernet adapter
- and a handful other components that don't come to mind right now...
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby maxcz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm

CVV, you should find the dll in your mailbox.
Have fun and good luck! It only is 16kb in size, so it looks like a finite job :-)
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:55 am

May God speed your endeavors.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby arjepsen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:51 pm

cvv wrote:.... floppies are slow and between the v.3, the patch for v.3, and the MFX/UFX SP3 it takes a 6 of them and the USB floppy drive I bought throws tons of errors - even when formatting).

So, if someone wants to send me rs422.dll I'll take a crack at figuring out how if works.

Anyone??

- cvv

maxcz wrote:CVV, you should find the dll in your mailbox.
Have fun and good luck! It only is 16kb in size, so it looks like a finite job :-)

Ooh ooh... (getting out the popcorn) :D

I've had quite some trouble with just simply finding floppies - for some oddball reason nobody seams to have them anymore.... :?:
I just got so annoyed with it, that I made an order for a usb-key floppy emulator.

looking very much forward to see how things go with the work on the dll file.
(huuurrryyyyy.... can't wait......)
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum