Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby kv68 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 am

Hi Guys

i was happily running v3 on my system but decided to treat myself to the v5.1 upgrade

i purchased the license went to the registration page entered it with my D8B ESN number..got the unlock code back

enter the unlock code

reboot as requested ..but upon reboot is still in demo mode

is a real pain as now also v3 wont reinstall on my system till i resolve this..it installs fine get to the page with the application frame on it then flashes and sits there ..with a little flashing * curser top right of the screen

v5.1 , v5 install /run fine just wont authorise

any help with this would be great ..mackie aint being to forthcoming with solutions

cheers steve
kv68

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby bbb » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:46 am

Make sure you entered the license and ESN exactly (sometimes O and 0 look the same) - Try getting your unlock code again.
It's worth a shot.

Good luck.

Bruce Brody
bbb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kv68 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:39 pm

hi ,
yeah the box id they sent me generates the unlock code ...which is the one mackie support also said it was ..still reboots to the demo mode ..waiting to see if they get back to me today (fingers crossed) deffo typing the code right too ...guessed it was a hex code so 0's not o's :)

and im still proper confused to as why version 3 wont boot since the v5.1 install nothing about my system has changed hardware/bios wise ..it installs fine loads the application frame (starting tcp/ip , enabling win2000 layer etc )then is failing on the stage where the mackie loading popup screen with the grapics would usually appear (im prusuming the os load ) then the screens flashs quickly and then just gets stuck on the dos application with a little flashing cursor ..if i reinstall v5/5.1 ...loads absolutely fine ...but as i said wont authorise
kv68

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:32 am

Hi;

I run version 3.0 and had trouble getting it to boot. I discovered that for some reason, when installing, one of the settings in the Bios is changed and it will not boot. Don't remember what was changed but changing it made all things right in the world.

It is, as I recall, on the "Standard CMOS Setting" section of the Bios.

Good luck authorizing 5.1. (BTW did you upgrade to 256Meg of RAM?)

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kv68 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:23 am

no i got 128 in when im playing with 5.1 (another day no reply from support, prolly have to bite the bullet and phone them ...im in the uk ..phonecard time :) ) and got v3 on another hard drive and put the 32 meg back in

im gutted finally got my studio sorted ..thought id treat myself ...lol fool
kv68

Postby kv68 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:24 am

will play with bios some more ...was it the lba setting?
...tried that no joy
kv68

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:14 am

Hey kv68;

I'm not sure which setting it was. When I get a chance I'll have a look at my notes and see if I wrote down anything.

I was just reading, in another string in the d8b forum, that there is a problem with the Mackie 5.1 upgrade codes. Check it out! There is a lot of info there.

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 am

Hey kv68;

It was the LBA setting. It solved my issue, sorry to see it didn't solve yours.

There is a fellow in the USA, Eric Russ, who has a very good d8b tech. topganoeric@aol.com is his email. Try him he may have some answers.

Keep me/us posted

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Bruce Graham wrote:Hey kv68;

It was the LBA setting. It solved my issue, sorry to see it didn't solve yours.

There is a fellow in the USA, Eric Russ, who has a very good d8b tech. topganoeric@aol.com is his email. Try him he may have some answers.

Keep me/us posted

Bruce

Eric is a GREAT guy, and a wonderful individual. A helluva source for reliable parts, too - I deal with him regularly (just shipped him an MDR I didn't need). Straight shooter, with GREAT price point$. I can't vouch particularly about the tech (Terry Crosby?!?) other that he's a pretty kewl character, too - if that's the case...

Bottom line, one helluva resource if you're into the D8B & HDR/MDR/SDR Worlds... :geek:

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kv68 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 pm

well its been 2 weeks without any reply from Mackie ..and lookin at the forum i'm not the only person having this issue.

its absolutely outragious for a company to sell a known faulty product then reply "in the interim re-install version 3 as this doesn't need a code" they need to in the interim re-install $174 into my bank account..

worst support I've ever encountered from a pro audio company
kv68

Next

Return to d8b Forum