Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:20 am

Last edited by anyhorizon on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby High C Double G » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 am

What about that guy that built the machine that broke the German code in WWII, is he still around? Might be easier to get him outta bed than implementing a single increment method... Now I go and look for the file that contains my v5.1 unlock code- it is hard to believe Mackie relied on one place to put the codes. But I guess 20 years is a long time in ProAudio equipment years and they don't care about it anymuch anyhow anymore. :arrow:
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kderector » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 pm

High C Double G wrote:Hi everyone... long time no talk -- I have, from time to time, checked in to read (lurk) and I love all of you and I love my d8b though it has not seen any use since I moved. It is such a great unit. I was surprised to keep reading how Mackie dropped the ball on this. I am mainly doing little demos and do not have use of the mixer so it sits (sadly).

So... what the heck is going on that people can not unlock the mixer? I am confused. Would someone please give a summary? 12 HEX symbols are in the way from v3 to v5.1? this doesn't seem right - having used both v3 and v5.1, v5.1 is the shizzle homie 8-)

Dbl G

So I have heard. :)

Still hoping.
kderector

Postby kderector » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:19 pm

High C Double G wrote:What about that guy that built the machine that broke the German code in WWII, is he still around? Might be easier to get him outta bed than implementing a single increment method... Now I go and look for the file that contains my v5.1 unlock code- it is hard to believe Mackie relied on one place to put the codes. But I guess 20 years is a long time in ProAudio equipment years and they don't care about it anymuch anyhow anymore. :arrow:

It now becomes a challenge. If I had a few actual working codes, I would love to try to be able to crack it.
kderector

Postby hyaena » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:03 am

Hi C double g,

that´s only a movie about the enigma mythos, in reality they got the machine from a german submarine.
So try to find somebody, who owns the second machine.

Good luck and keep on keepin´on,
Manfred
hyaena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kderector » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Hello Everyone.

I know it is asking a lot, but I am hoping someone might be willing to share their SN for 5.1.

Thanks,

Ken
kderector

Postby High C Double G » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:15 pm

kderector wrote:Hello Everyone.

I know it is asking a lot, but I am hoping someone might be willing to share their SN for 5.1.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken.

How is this going to work when you change out a chip? The way I understand it is every brain has its own number and corresponding unlock numbers - I can not fathom that Mackie lost the codes for their product(s) - what else have they lost? -

I did see a little busking box (mini portable PA) that they didn't lose at NAMM recently... it looked really cool - and they aparrently didn't lose it cause I saw it. :razz:

Dbl G
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kderector » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:40 pm

That is correct, but what one of the other members of this group has done, is burned an EEPROM chip with a working D8B ESN number. Let me explain.

So lets say my D8B ESN code is BBBB-BBBB-BBBB. Someone provides me with a code that was registered by Mackie before the Database Debacle. That working ESN number is AAAA-AAAA-AAAA with the serial code from Mackie of 12-34-56-78-90

By soldering in this chip it will make my D8B ESN number appear to be AAAA-AAAA-AAAA Instead of BBBB-BBBB-BBBB. Then I can go ahead and use the serial number 12-34-56-78-90 and OS5.1 will run as a registered mixer.

So, if I can find a working 5.1 ESN and Serial number, I can do the same and place os5.1 on my D8B.

Make sense?
kderector

Postby kderector » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Sorry,

Going to try an Beg a little more. :)

Ken
kderector

Postby High C Double G » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:21 am

Hi Ken,

Okay I see... Mackie should offer this chip since they messed it up (if it works). Is it a push in or does it need to be soldered? - sounds like a crazy pain in the posterior either way -- Not to mention it (but I am going to obviously) ...you are taking the risk of rendering your d8b disabled..

My ESN: 0000-01E6-7936

v5.1 unlock -- BA41-84D0-E7F5

Note: the "0's are Zeros not O's
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum