Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby maxcz » Sun May 11, 2014 11:03 am

Hi guys,
I really am excited that it works for you, Carlo!
Let me give a short summary again:
With this hack, you can clone a brainboard. You need working codes for this to work for you.
I will not provide any codes! Ask a friend to give you some...
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sun May 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Respect Max...thanks loads
C
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TheJetTek » Sun May 11, 2014 8:34 pm

To clarify, if the codes were working, why would anyone need the hack? I have codes from Mackie that they tell me should work, but when I enter them I'm told to reboot. When I reboot, I'm told to enter the code and reboot again, and thus the cycle.... Will this hack fix my issue??
TheJetTek

Postby doktor1360 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:11 pm

TheJetTek wrote:To clarify, if the codes were working, why would anyone need the hack? I have codes from Mackie that they tell me should work, but when I enter them I'm told to reboot. When I reboot, I'm told to enter the code and reboot again, and thus the cycle.... Will this hack fix my issue??

Nope... and that's the issue in a microcosm... yeah, this mod evidently works and I don't wanna take anything away from the effort that went into it, but it is COMPLETELY dependent on the benevolence of a 'mysterious' 3rd Party to provide valid code(s) {Hello, Mackie?!? DERP}. I'm in the same boat as you, chrisyorkuk... can't authorize/unlock the OS, but I also DO have every plugin on the Planet that authorizes on EITHER V3 or V5.1... kind of a Shit Sandwich, now isn't it...

I'm still working on the rs422.dll direction of things... looking more and more like I'm gonna just have to dig in even deeper at this point and work this out, to provide something that perhaps EVERYBODY could eventually easily use... without having the dependency on 'working codes :roll: '...

Stay tuned... :ugeek:

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Hey all;

Just a question regarding the access code.

Does the Authorization Code need to be a valid code?

If Maxcz is burning a chip with a code on it, which we use as the authorization code, when asked, as long as it finds a match does it matter if the code is valid? As long as the code we enter matches the code that Maxcz burns to a chip would that work?

If it does work, than as long as the codes are in the correct format ie 12 digits, then we are gold and one code would work for all of us who don't have codes!

Just ask'n cause I don't know!

Respect, with an inquiring mind!
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby maxcz » Mon May 12, 2014 7:09 pm

doktor1360 wrote:I'm still working on the rs422.dll direction of things... looking more and more like I'm gonna just have to dig in even deeper at this point

Hi doktor1360,
I wish you tons of luck - you will need them! If you can bypass authorization by a software solution I will forward the virtual beer I earned earlier to you ;)
Did you manage to get a debugger running on a live d8b or are you reading through the dll "offline"?
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Wed May 14, 2014 1:59 am

I suppose someone should play the devil's advocate so I just wonder about the legality of all this in terms of ESN, OS and Plug In authorisation codes trading. Just sayin'. I'm not diminishing the respect I have for the work done but there may be some matters that need to be taken into account.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby maxcz » Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 am

Anyhorizon,
you are right. That is the reason that I won't post any auth codes here, apart from the fact that I don't have any...
Mackie brings us into a stupid situation here:
On one hand, we HAVE to hack the auth mechanism, because they have stopped providing official codes. So I would have absolutely no trouble sharing the OS5.1 auth.
On the other hand, the codes for the plugins still can be purchased, but we need to hack them too, 'cause they are tied to the same ESN.
So if we want to use our d8b with 5.1-OS, we HAVE to do some evil.
Maybe doktor1360 will find a solution with his software hack that kills only the OS auth check and leaves the plugins alone...
maxcz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TerryO » Wed May 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Anyhorizon, you are right to raise the legal aspects of the current project to permit D8B users to upgrade their systems. However, maxcz's analysis is absolutely correct IMHO. Mackie have brought this situation upon themselves by largely abandoning the D8B and its users. The plugins issue is an incidental consequence. In the circumstances I doubt that any fair minded judgement would find against somebody who shared their codes to permit another user to upgrade the OS of their D8B.
TerryO

Postby Carlo » Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 pm

I think that the Codes for the plugins should not be disclosed since they are still available online at the mackie's site. But what about the 5.1 since its not available any longer?

Those having 2 d8b's can use the same code of their primary d8b (if it was previously upgraded to 5.1) now.... however those having only one d8b on v3 are still stuck.
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum