Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby Bruno Silva » Sun May 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi
I've been reading this post for a long time now and my question is,

My d8b is working with v3 os and i'd like to experiment installing and messing with files in another hdd to be safe!
Lets say, if i install v5.1 in another drive nothing changes in the mixing board itself(brain card) so as soon as i connect the original hdd back everything goes back to the way it was!

I's that correct?

Other thing, in v3 i'm controlling cubase via midi and it works fine in all the fader mutes transports and a lot of different functions! the thing is in v5.1 record ready and write enable buttons among others are mappable but not on v3!
Is there a way to transfer this midi capabilities from v5.1 to v3 os by messing with software files
if this was possible v3 would be just fine for me!

Thank's a lot everyone for all the precious info i've been reading and hope someone cracks this thing soon!
Bruno Silva

Postby doktor1360 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Bruno Silva wrote:Hi
My d8b is working with v3 os and i'd like to experiment installing and messing with files in another hdd to be safe!
Lets say, if i install v5.1 in another drive nothing changes in the mixing board itself(brain card) so as soon as i connect the original hdd back everything goes back to the way it was!

I's that correct?

Yuppers... any changes will get written to the hard disk; I've got v3 & v5.1 on separate CF cards...

Have at it... you're Golden... ;-)

You knew it was coming, so here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "You're actual mileage may vary..."

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruno Silva » Sun May 10, 2015 4:41 pm

You knew it was coming, so here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "You're actual mileage may vary..."

What does it mean?

Sorry for the lack of knoledge!
Bruno Silva

Postby fanch3333 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi everybody,
sorry but in France the news comes very slowly !!!
I read with a great interest and admiration during a long time (translation of course) this thread for the quality of the discussion and ingenuity in the search for honest solutions and thank you for that.
So, i hope that someone can explain to me, how to proceed, to get this programmed chip, or eventualy just the program to burn eprom? It's correct?
A big thank you in advance.....It's correct?
Fanch
From Bordeaux- France and Mackie D7.5B!!!
fanch3333

Postby Moe Daniels » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi My D8b Compadres
I'm looking for codes to open a few plugins for my OS 5 and I bought a new UFX card for another D8B that I got earlier this year that has the 3.0 software. Please keep me posted and if anyone have any directions as to how to manage this situation I welcome any suggestions. I was thinking of buying a second UFX card for the most recent D8b console but I'm not sure if I can get it to work once I get it.
Thanks.
Moe Daniels

Postby Moe Daniels » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Maxcz
I'm looking for codes to open a few plugins for my OS 5 and I bought a new UFX card for another D8B that I got earlier this year that has the 3.0 software. Please keep me posted and if anyone have any directions as to how to manage this situation I welcome any suggestions. I was thinking of buying a second UFX card for the most recent D8b console but I'm not sure if I can get it to work once I get it.
Thanks.
Moe Daniels

Postby Moe Daniels » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Carlo,
I have 2 D8b's. One is a 5 and the other is a 3. Can I use the same code that I have for the 5 to upgrade the 3? Also once I upgrade can I use the same codes to unlock the plugins from the 5 and use with the upgraded OS for the other D8b?
Thanks.
Moe Daniels

Postby doktor1360 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:37 pm

Moe Daniels wrote:Carlo,
I have 2 D8b's. One is a 5 and the other is a 3. Can I use the same code that I have for the 5 to upgrade the 3? Also once I upgrade can I use the same codes to unlock the plugins from the 5 and use with the upgraded OS for the other D8b?
Thanks.

The OS is backward compatible, not forward. My v5.1 plugin codes work on v3 & v5.1 (v3 codes WILL NOT work in v5.1), can't say the same for the Mackie OS v5.1 unlock code... but that's been the issue with this thread all along... so, if you don't have a WORKING unlock code for v5.1, you're S.O.L. like a good many of us...

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:11 pm

That's a bit confusing, Doc. The plug-in codes will work in OS 3 and OS 5 as long as you have Service Pack 3 installed. You are of course correct in that OS 5.1 authorisation is an ongoing headache.

Still reckon if that little ESN chip were removed, there wouldn't be a problem. Don't want to try it though since I have the whole kit and kaboodle.

Cheers,

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Carlo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Moe Daniels wrote:Carlo,
Thanks.

You cannot unless you remove the ID chip from the brain board of V3 and insert a new identical cloned chip similar to the chip of your other d8b with V5. However this has to be done by an expert in the electronics field. One has to copy the ID Chip information of your d8b (with V5) then clone the chip on another empty chip by using a special tool and then solder it into your second d8b with V3 (instead of the original ID Chip). Then you can say that you have a cloned V5.

Attention! Without the ID chip your d8b cannot access the V5. Pulling out the ID chip from your brain board will prevent you from accessing the 3rd party plugins even if you are on V3. Unless you have a modified ID chip soldered instead of the original one.

C
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum