Change font size   Print view

New d8b User. Need some help!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

New d8b User. Need some help!

Postby ekhomusic » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi guys,

I've followed the forums since I purchased a d8b about a year ago with the intention of buying d8bridge to have a play around with - as the bridge development seems to be on hold I've started to wonder what use it could have.

In the studio we generally work on music for ad's, sound design, voiceovers etc and some label development acts but rarely have a need for more than the 4 neve 'main' pre's we run. I've hooked the desk up twice since I've had it I think, the pre's seem ok and the desk/cpu is in great condition - apart from one sticky fader.

I'm starting to wonder whether the d8b would be useful as a 'central' patchbay. There's often a few computers/laptops/soundcards running at one time so I would love something I can route digitally. I'm very ITB orientated, and pretty incompetent with desks and wiring etc. We currently have a patchbay setup that only gets used on the way 'in', a massive waste as we have some really nice outboard stuff accumulated over the years.

Is it worth looking at this? Or should I just hook a patchbay up normally and stop being lazy? I may just be searching for a use for it out of sympathy!

Cheers!
ekhomusic

Return to d8b Forum