Change font size   Print view

No input or output sound or signal on d8b....

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

No input or output sound or signal on d8b....

Postby arock2000 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:37 am

My issue Im having is everything has being working flawlessly but all of a sudden my levels started to freeze,
So then I rebooted and all the lights on the bridge where green and it was making a funny noise. So then I rebooted again and loaded another session. Everything is working , hui mode etc but I can't get no analog or digital signal to the Mackie. I need some help here guys I have a session this weekend.

Arichardson32@cox.net
arock2000

Re: No input or output sound or signal on d8b....

Postby Markus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Hello
I have exactly the same problem since 3 days... input and output levels freeze, no sound .... it needs a reboot or two to solve the problem for a moment. I reseted all DIO , sync , fx cards an made the ribbon-cable check, without any success at the moment.
Arock200 ,did you solve the Problem???
Markus
Markus

Postby Markus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:53 pm

I want check the Ram tonight and check this as well " http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/maintenance.html#Post21 "
Markus
Markus

Postby Markus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:58 am

The problem has been resolved.
As suggested here http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/maintenance.html#Post21
I've reseted this cable of the power distribution PCB to the DSP PCB.
My d8b is up and running since 15 hours without any problem. Yessssss....
Markus
Markus

Postby seasiderecording » Sat May 24, 2014 11:28 pm

While working my sound suddenly quit. no sound in or out. Meter bridge is frozen where it quit. I can reboot and it works for between 20 seconds and 3 minutes then freezes again. Are there any other ideas before I rip things apart and try the cable re-seating suggestion? http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/maintenance.html#Post21
Thanks for any help. email is joel@joelkatzmaui.com
apogee clock, MOTU 2408, Mac 2.66 quad powermac, Digital Performer, D8b owner since 2000
seasiderecording

Postby arock2000 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Markus wrote:Hello
I have exactly the same problem since 3 days... input and output levels freeze, no sound .... it needs a reboot or two to solve the problem for a moment. I reseted all DIO , sync , fx cards an made the ribbon-cable check, without any success at the moment.
Arock200 ,did you solve the Problem???
Markus

Yes I did put some tape around the BNC connectors to make them snug and its work very well.... But now my faders slam down and stay at inf after boot up. I think its my brain board I am going to try to find one on EBay...
arock2000

Postby salvaes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:36 am

before thinking about replacing exhausted the possibilities plate connectors clean waste, and verify eprom plate because sometimes the eprom you can corrupt the file fails where this failure such as startup problems or loss of audio or cuts that the program does not load eprom well in the beginning
Macpro 12cores ,logic Pro ,RME Octamic2 X4 ,forusrite ISA , apogee DA16X ,
Antelope orion studio - apogee psx100 - TLA CLASSIC VALVE SERIES - SPL GOLDMIKE - Focal twin 6be, Adam A7x ,Mackie d8b
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby arock2000 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks Salvaes I finally figure it out some months ago it was my chips in my fader boards so I had too send them off the have them replaced....
arock2000

Return to d8b Forum