Change font size   Print view

Mackie D8B stereo effects no o/p

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Mackie D8B stereo effects no o/p

Postby hyaena » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi funk,

did I miss something or didn´t you answer the question whether or not you actually have a UFX card installed ?
No UFX card, no:
MDw mono eq............ locked
mdw stereo................locked
drawmer dyn stereo ...locked
drawmer dynamics..... locked

The only plugin that´ll work, is the:
vocal studio................ locked
in case you own two MFX cards.

Sorry, if I overread some nasty detail.

Manfred
hyaena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 am

Funk,

Even if not registered the plugin will show, but as has been stated above, most of the plugins on the service pack require the UFX card and NOT the MFX card and the Vocal Studio plugin only works on the MFX card if you have two of the MFX cards (they must be in Slots 1@2).

In the non-registered mode (ie demo mode) the plugins will work (on their required card) but only for a few minutes. Hence the reason that they must show up even if unregistered.

I think yoiu stated that you are getting a Vu reading on the screen (ie monitor screen) when using one of the MFX effects for both the input signal and the output signal. If this is the case, then I suspect that you have something wrong with the card's setup in relation to where it is sending its output --- it should appear on the Effects return faders on Bank 3.

Hope this helps a bit.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:11 pm

David, the way I read his issue was he could see input on the MFX meters but if he toggled the the meter to show output, there was nothing there. In this case, it won't show up on the F/X bank. It sure seems to be a card issue if that is the case but without being there...?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:53 am

Crash, just read through his posts again and I would say that you are correct. I would also say that he only has one card -- an MFX. It is a shame that he does not have a second card to be able to compare things.

After my re-read, I am leaning towards a dud MFX card on its output circuitry and if so, I guess he will have to use his outboard effects.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby funk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:19 am

sorry for not replying before, i have only just noticed there is a page 2 to this !!
Sorry Manfred ( Hyaena), yes i have 2 x UFX and 1 MFX
both ufx are working.

I think i have confused my self by thinking ( as was told when i got it years ago) all the effects had been purchased
from mackie, so i thought that the following had been paid for ( have now found out they have not) so that explains
why they are still locked.
MDw mono eq............ locked
mdw stereo................locked
drawmer dyn stereo ...locked
drawmer dynamics..... locked

because they were locked ( and i thought they should not be)
i was stupidly thinking ( because my MFX card was not working) that they were akin to my MFX card, or some sort of issue
because it was not working.

David (CSP).... "In the non-registered mode (ie demo mode) the plugins will work" thanks i thought they should, im not getting any out put from the MFX even in demo mode so im sure now it has had it. cheers

DAVID (CSP)...sorry for not explaining it too well, yes crash has it .... "issue was he could see input on the MFX meters but if he toggled the the meter to show output, there was nothing there.In this case, it won't show up on the F/X bank."

CRASH, " It sure seems to be a card issue" .... thanks again, yes i agree i think the card has had it.

I will just wait to see if one pops up cheap on feebay.

Thanks for all your help again, im a bit more with it now !!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
"Funk is what you dont play"........GREAT.....im off to the pub then,
funk

Previous

Return to d8b Forum