Change font size   Print view

Big power connector

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Big power connector

Postby doktor1360 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Carlo wrote:Hi Crash,

I found the problem. In the vicinity of the Black connector there is a faulty wires with corrosion. In fact when i move the power cable the faders start obeying orders and if i leave the cable to rest the problem starts again. I have cut approx 2 feet of the power cable and labeled all wires according to the numbers of the connector pins. Can you tell me what is the name of those pins? It seems that they can be pulled out from the connector with a pliers. The pins are the crimp type. Can you please let me know from where i can find these pins and maybe you know the make Mackie used?

Regards

Carlo

Those are most likely push-pins, Carlo... standard 'programming' pins for cable creation. Check around on DigiKey or some other electronics parts site and cross-reference the pins. For an example:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/350690-1/A14298-ND/213763?WT.mc_id=PLA_213763

Once you get the ends properly terminated, you'd just 'push' the pins back into the connector end; they'll 'snap' back into the connector snugly at that point...

Sorry, I'm at the office and I can't help with this any further until I get home this evening...

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby FrankH » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 am

Please keep in mind that common pliers will not do an adequate job crimping the pins onto the wire ends. This step is typically accomplished with a wire crimper tool. Usually not a cheap item.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... -ND/527163

Just sayin'.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:31 am

I rewired the 19 pins after cutting approx 3 feet from the offending cable and it works....the beast is alive. Thanks for you help people.
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum