Change font size   Print view

D8B is dead

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: D8B is dead

Postby Salim » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:00 pm

I have similar problem - error 43 contact*** when I power up the D&B CPU the monitor is blank - I've put the monitor on another PC and monitor works fine. The lights on the floppy drive stays on. The hard disk spins. I've tried installing a fresh master configured hard disk to attempt a fresh v3 installation - no joy... my think is I can't get into the cmos - I've tried keeping my finger on the del key before powering up the CPU no joy... jumper settings on moBo JP2 is on default. CPU switches are off, On, off, On for 300mhz CPU selection - I've ordered a new moBo of the same model installed it with the same jumper settings as the original board - still no joy. I've cleaned the pins on the data cable, removed and reseated all the cards at in the desk and I've done the same to the cards on the CPU Rack unit. I've resat the ribbons inside the mixer - still no joy... system powers up with power onto the mixer, blank screen on monitor then error 43 check rack or contact tech support.... Please help
Salim

Postby Carlo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm

check Hard Drive connections or change any power and IDE data cables linked to the HD... I had a similar problem in the past. One of the power cable pins was not inserted well when plugged to the HD and system was dead meat. Could be the HD is malfunctioning too. Change HD.
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MMD » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Step ahead in the right direction - I have moved the IDE cable from one board connector to another and got the BIOS checksum error, with : "insert disk to A:"

Now lets shop for the USB floppy drive.. there is hope :D
MMD

Postby Guido » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi,

I know this post is from long ago..but..every once in awhile mine does that error. I shut it off and reseat, so to speak, the big power cable in the back of the board. I also push in a bit on the data cable. Then it boots and runs normally.
Ohh.....sometimes...twice a year maybe...the board will boot but then commence with full meters and digital hash out the speakers. Same solution. This has been like this for about ten years..soooo....I just pray!^^

Guido
Guido

Previous

Return to d8b Forum