Change font size   Print view

Large Drive Bios and IRQ Error

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Large Drive Bios and IRQ Error

Postby jeeper » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Rush projects just seem to pop up when you least need to be doing them. I was in the process of rearranging equipment and throwing out unused gear and someone wanted a quick simple thing done. Everything had been torn down for better than a week so I hurriedly patched together enough to do this one. Next I booted the recorder only to be staring at the famous no communications error in the display and no buttons functioning. It seems as though power had been off long enough to return BIOS to defaults. I could not locate my BIOS setup sheet nor was it linked the Mackie site for the large drive BIOS update. Rush forum search brought up an old post with BIOS setup along with Mackie’s link to original BIOS parameters. I reset everything, so I ASSUME, only to be greeted with a scrolling IRQ error. Recheck BIOS everything seems OK again. Well I then tried to reload OS after finding I had misplaced disks and having to remake a set from a download. BTW I also had to setup a computer with disk drive to make a set, when it rains it pours.

With the reload process I learned that the softkeys under the display would function. Reload goes quite normal but after power cycle boot of recorder I was right back where I started. One more check of BIOS setup and I find I had missed a page and not reset IRQ-10 to Legacy ISA, which I think was my problem but I had also missed Disabled on the Onboard Parallel port.

Several lessons were learned by this experience that I thought might be valuable to post:

Mackie does not have large drive BIOS setup posted with a link (I later found it with a Google and it was on their site.)

You can reload OS with BIOS setup messed up even though buttons would not function except to load.

Change battery on MB more often or I will be back here.

Avoid taking on rush jobs until things are back to normal.

Someone else had been in this very situation and posted for help only never to share their outcome with the group. (We have seen this several times and probably will again. Come on folks give back also)

MACKIE support how about a link either in Stickey Thread and/or on Hard Disk Recorder page. I know it is a discontinued product but support makes you want to be a repeat customer I found it here

I sure am glad this did not happen on a real big important job and hope my post will be helpful to someone that may be in that situation. After all that is what the spirit of this group has always been.

I don't know if there is a similar situation with the D8B but this may also apply there. I do not use a digital board here.
Speaks Redneck but very little American or British English
jeeper

Re: Large Drive Bios and IRQ Error

Postby Big Poppa Robb » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Big Poppa Robb

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders