Change font size   Print view

HDR weirdness- HELP!!!!

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR weirdness- HELP!!!!

Postby MinglewoodNC » Mon May 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi folks, I'm in the middle of a big important mix and my HDR has developed a strange problem all of a sudden. After many years of nary any problem I opened a project and after a few minutes of playing 2 of the tracks out of 12 suddenly pegged and put out a white noise kind of sound, although the waveforms still showed the original recorded instruments. I rebooted and had the same problem, in the same exact places in those 2 tracks. I shut down and had to do other stuff so it sat for a day. When I restarted later the mouse travel was very jerky and inconsistent, the keyboard wouldn't work, and trying to shut it down with the menu and mouse impossible because left clicking wouldn't get the shutdown window to do anything. Same result after letting it sit and restarting.
Does anyone have any experience/ insight with this scenario before I tear it apart?
"A computer is a hole in your money into which you pour time." - words of wisdom from my wife Nancy
MinglewoodNC

Re: HDR weirdness- HELP!!!!

Postby the boss » Mon May 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Check your HD
Probably you need to replace it.
And re install.

Regards / Morgan
the boss

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon May 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Hey MinglewwodNC;

I agree that it could the HD, but you could start by;
1- Re-installing the software (Save your project(s) on another drive first, or via the FTP to a PC)
2- Check your BIOS. It changes and can cause weirdness
3- Change the battery. A fresh batter has a better chance of keeping the BIOS working properly.

All of these are relatively free. Just the cost of a battery!

If that fails then perhaps the HD needs to be re-evaluated and changed. If you are going to change, consider a Solid Sate Drive. No moving parts and cheaper than an HD.

Post back with your findings and results.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby trs » Tue May 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Is your project located on the internal or external drive?
Copy it from where ever it is to the other drive using project manager and and then run it from where you sent it. Ether way get a back up going pronto if you havnt already done so. Definatley check bios and if its not right then its time for new battery.
trs

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders