Change font size   Print view

How to move HDR Projects over to Pro tools?

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

How to move HDR Projects over to Pro tools?

Postby dyno » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:37 am

I'm looking at finally crossing over the river from my D8B HDR24/96 to Pro tools/Universal Audio Apollo Quad 8 system in a couple of weeks. I'm planning to re-mix some of my old Mackie projects with Protools 12 and was wondering how easy it is to import the files. I built a firewire dock a few years ago that I rarely used. Would that be the best way to import them? Thanks.
dyno

Re: How to move HDR Projects over to Pro tools?

Postby dyno » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:53 am

I moved this over to the D8B forum...
dyno

Re: How to move HDR Projects over to Pro tools?

Postby The Saxplayer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:39 pm

In case you still read this: Occasionally I am doing the same with old HDR Projects, or when I have to rely on the backup recording on an MDR if my main recorder failed.

I use a little USB to Lian LI device that served me well but I guess your FW dock does the same. HDR Files are timestamped so you can easily spot them to the right place in Protools. Because the HDR made the 15min break in files sometimes it is a bit of work to spot everything onto the right track but it works. In Protools you can select the timeline drop order so you could spot all files of one track seamlessly in one go.

I used to go the FTP route years ago but today it seems that's technology from another century which indeed it is :)
Good Luck!

Georges
The Saxplayer

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders