Change font size   Print view

Volume envelope oddities

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Volume envelope oddities

Postby Crash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Here is something new I experienced that I hadn't seen before in all my years of running an HDR. I recalled a project that I am working on where I did a truck load of volume envelopes on the tom tracks so that kit sounds clean. Upon recall of one of the tunes, all the envelope work done had shifted one track down. So 5 tracks of toms are now screwed up and had to be redone.

Another song took 4 tracks of the envelope info and shifted way down. Track 4 remained but track 5 and beyond went to like track 19 and down from there. I have never seen this before ever. Anyone experience this strange oddity besides me or am I the lucky one?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Volume envelope oddities

Postby Old School » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi Crash,
I haven't experienced that particular oddity, but if I restore part of a track that has been deleted(using the hand tool) it will drag the volume envelopes forwards or backwards in time. If you have Melodyne, you can easily replace all the tom hits with your cleanest ones using its cut and paste function as it will quantify the time placement and you don't have to worry about lining them up.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Appreciate the input. I have already redone all the work and then rendered the tracks so that it wouldn't happen again on these two tunes. I was just curious to see if anyone else had seen this. I have untold hours of seat time with this box and I was blown away when I opened the tune up and saw this. I thought I had seen just about everything weird I could and then this.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:38 pm

I know what you mean, I had a project all ready to go except for running it through my finalizer and then I opened the file and it said "this project contains invalid or missing files". Had to start all over from my backup. Hope this is a one time glitch for you.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Me too. I am going to chalk it up to the drive being almost full....though I don't know what that would have to do with this particular problem. I was waiting on 4 parts that were redone for these four tunes, (2 of which came up no issues) just gonna slide them into my done mixes. Nope, nothing is easy.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders