Change font size   Print view

Host did not Boot

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Host did not Boot

Postby Blastin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm receiving the "Error 43", host did not boot, attempted to install upgrade (for larger hard drives) and installed 256MB memory, upon turning on HDR, I received the "Error 43", host did not boot. So I removed all cards and reinstalled them and ribbon cables, again I received the "Error 43" after turning on the HDR. Cannot get to CMOS nor BIOS on HDR when keyboard and monitor is connected. I also, removed larger hard drive chip and memory, again "Error 43.
Blastin

Re: Host did not Boot

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:35 am

Hey Blastin;

Error 43 is a communication Error, which generally means a bad connection. Somewhere.

I know it is tedious, but keep trying the ribbon cables, etc. It may take a while but keep at it. You will likely find it.

I was 2 months chasing a bad connection. I eventually found it and all is right in the world.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Host did not Boot

Postby Jondav1120 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi Blastin,

Sorry, meant to reply to your question earlier.......

I notice you installed the larger hard drive BIOS upgrade chip (and put it back to the original BIOS chip)....two things to check:
1. Are all the pins on the chip seated in the socket?
2. Is the chip inserted the correct way round?

Both of these will prevent the HDR from booting (which is giving you the error 43!) and will also prevent you accessing the BIOS.

Hope you get it working again!

Cheers

John
Jondav1120

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders