Change font size   Print view

Internal lights - Brain board

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Internal lights - Brain board

Postby John T » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:04 am

Hi all, another newbie question, but I am indeed a newbie.

My HDR appears to be fully operational after a spell in the gadget hospital. However, I feel like I remember reading something about internal lights, but can't remember where.

Anyway, the brain board has a constantly red flashing LED, which seems somehow ominous. But as far as I can work out, there are no actual problems. Does anybody know what this means, or if it means anything?

Cheers,
John
John T

Re: Internal lights - Brain board

Postby Jondav1120 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi John,

Both of mine have a flashing red LED on the brain board. Not sure what it means, but would appear to be normal.

Regards

John
Jondav1120

Postby John T » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I've not had any problems at all. Weird choice to indicate "everything's ok", but hey. :lol:
John T

Postby doktor1360 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:43 pm

John T wrote:Thanks! Yeah, I've not had any problems at all. Weird choice to indicate "everything's ok", but hey. :lol:

It's not really as weird as much as it is inconclusive... it's actually a standard practice in most respects. To wit: a 'red' LED, indicating status - if it's off (dead), so is the associated circuitry, blinking indicating in working order (blinking, like a heart rate) or pulled full on (problem indicator)... there is also the opposite in use where some cases the blinking and full on use-cases are reversed - pulled on to indicate operational and blinking indicating something is awry, and usually the issue is identified by the sequence of the light blinking on-off indicative as a code. It really just depends on the manufacturer, and the firmware engineers implementation of the logic involved based on their development frameworks & timelines - decisions have to be made (and are done so accordingly - good, bad or indifferent)...

But I'd have to agree to a certain extent - however it is plausible that the Mackie engineers may have just designed a simple 'yes/no' type of logic indicator wherein it illuminates a working/non-working status for simple troubleshooting... :geek:

But as always, you knew it was coming so here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your actual mileage may vary..."
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders