Change font size   Print view

Memory Check

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Memory Check

Postby Phil.c » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:41 pm

Just changed the battery in my HDR, set the BIOS up but can't remember which one to switch off for boot up memory check, any ideas guys.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Memory Check

Postby Y-my-R » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:18 pm

I don't remember exactly what it's called (not where I have my HDR right now), but I do remember that I "thought" that I had trouble turning that off... and then noticed that the setting worked reverse of what it should be.

It was called something like "Bootup Memory Check" or something, but when I turned it OFF, it counted the memory like 3 times on bootup. When I turned it ON, then it skipped over counting the memory.

My guess is that that's a bug in the "large HD" BIOS version (at least mine says something about this being an "evaluation copy" (or similar) of the BIOS... so, whoever flashed that might have built a bug into that BIOS version, I'm guessing).

If you have the same BIOS version as me, that setting works backwards from how it should, for how it's named.
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:49 pm

Yes, I remember setting it in reverse, from memory it doesn't mention "Bootup" but there's something there regarding memory, I'll have another look.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:20 pm

Still looking for the skip memory on bootup, the only thing that mentions memory is "Memory Hole @ 15M - 16M but that's not the right one, Quick power on self check is also there but this is enabled and to stop the memory check it has to be enabled so that's not it?
Video RAM Cacheable might be it as it's disabled? I'll have to give that a try!
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Y-my-R » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:35 am

I just checked on my HDR, and observed the following behavior:

- Quick Power On Self Test: Disabled
=> Counts up the memory multiple times

- Quick Power On Self Test: Enabled
=> Skips over the memory check, and displays the total amount of memory immediately.

So, backwards from how i expected this to work. Thought it would check the memory if the self test is "Enabled" but it doesn't and vice versa.

But maybe that's not what you meant, since you said this:

"Quick power on self check is also there but this is enabled and to stop the memory check it has to be enabled so that's not it?"

So, if this is enabled, already, but your HDR is still counting up the memory, then it doesn't seem to work the same way as mine (or maybe just not backwards). I'd try switching that to the other available setting, to see if that stops the memory from counting.
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:29 pm

Sorry for the late reply!

I will do another check with that but I also remember the memory check to be in reverse when I disabled it some time ago.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:49 pm

Just enabled the Self Check and it works :D
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders