Change font size   Print view

R.I.p. TT24

Discussion board for the TT24 users and sound reinforcement

R.I.p. TT24

Postby csp » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Mackie have finally placed the TT24 into the "Legacy Products" section of the main Mackie Forum.

A shame is it is a great desk and only needed a bit of tweeking to have it installed in venues throughout the world as a serious contender for prefered FOH desk.

R.I.P. TT24 (4th February, 2011)

DAvid
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: R.I.p. TT24

Postby jorgea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:53 pm

csp wrote:Mackie have finally placed the TT24 into the "Legacy Products" section of the main Mackie Forum.

A shame is it is a great desk and only needed a bit of tweeking to have it installed in venues throughout the world as a serious contender for prefered FOH desk.

R.I.P. TT24 (4th February, 2011)

DAvid

David, thanks for this information.
jorgea

Postby csp » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:07 am

Your welcome, just a shame I had to do it, especially now that Mackie have released their "toy" replacement posting.php?mode=edit&f=5&p=5398#

Only wish I could get my hands on the TT24 I did so much great work on --- currently sitting in a closed theatre rusting away along with the DS3232 snake, great lighting console and light rig, speakers, amps and everything else that goes to make a supurb live theatre.

Will just have to go out and buy myself one of the new Behringer DX32 desks, as it is going to be a killer.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jeff92k7 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 pm

David,

Did you ever get one of the x32 consoles? I'm curious as to your thoughts on it.
Freelance system designer/installer
jeff92k7

Postby csp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:08 am

Jeff,

It has been a VERY long time, as the live work I did after the theatre closed (leaving all the equipment to simply rot away !!!), was mainly free-lance in venues that were already set up and unfortunately none had the Behringer desk.

As I have now basically retired, I did not buy the X32, but have followed its progress fairly closely --- possibly if I win Lotto, I might buy one just for the fun of it !!!!!

I recall that at the time of its release you were quite anti any Behringer product, did you ever change and more importantly did you change your opinion on the X32 desk. I know that in Australia (at least) it has become one of the most popular desks and even some of the bigger theatres are either using it as their main desk or have one for smaller productions. Also a number of the touring theatre companies are using it because of its quality, features and portability.

Love to know what has happened over the years.

David G
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to TT24 and sound reinforcement