Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Casey_Pittman wrote:Since V2 is a bootable disk would it be possible to either get rid of the hard drive in the machine altogether or install bridge V2.0 on an SSD hard drive and replace the mackie drive completely and not have to work about the floppy?

Yeah, it would be possible to have any PC in the Mackie PSU, since D8Bridge runs Linux on there... :) WAY more compatible.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby ismains » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 am

Salut Marc!
Case #1 -> If you have an old D8B with a broken computer, you can still use the serial cable and run D8Bridge 2.0 as a DAW controller. I've got many clients who's using D8Bridge like that. Now, D8Bridge 2.0 will have 3 protocols instead of just one. The classic MCU, HUI (for ProTools users) and generic MIDI Volumes (if you ever wanna control something that's not supported by MCU or HUI).

Case #2-> You have a working D8B computer. D8Bridge 2.0 is able to communicate via ethernet network instead of serial cabling. You'll be able to boot your D8B computer with a special diskette, bypassing the D8B OS (3.0 or 5.x). With the D8B CPU booted in "D8Bridge Mode", you'll be able to control your DAW and have basic audio functions of your board. If you ever need the full features of the D8B (EQs, plugins, etc). Simply eject the D8Bridge diskette and reboot, voila... D8B's back to normal operation.

first congradulation on all your good works....i just bought a d8b but i've got error 43 message and the hdd is not booting at all so would i be able to either use case 1 because my main purchase of the d8b was for daw controlling and in case 2 use the boot disquette and also use the audio fonction these are my concerns .i'm looking forward in buying d8bridge 2.0
is it possible to discuss with you in french since i'm from Shawinigan QC if ever i don't understand some technical feature
merci

Alain.....
ismains

Postby Axeman098 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Marc, what are we looking at pricing-wise? Close to the original price? More/Less? I've got a nice chunck of change set aside (Finally) and want to know where I need to be to be ready to order 2.0 as soon as it is released.
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RustyNotes » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 am

IMHO, I think that we who are going to update, shouldn't pay full price.. just saying :)
RustyNotes

Postby bitSync » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:32 am

RustyNotes wrote:IMHO, I think that we who are going to update, shouldn't pay full price.. just saying :)

Marc has indicated in another post that we v1.1 owners will get a price break on upgrades.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RustyNotes » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Come on Marc, what's going on?
RustyNotes

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

RustyNotes wrote:Come on Marc, what's going on?

Still working on v2.0. I'm working on the HUI side of things these days. Since it is completely new to me, I'm experiencing some "road bumps" with Pro Tools, but so far I've got my meters, faders and switches working. I'm progressing a little slowly but surely. I posted some screenshot for xmas on this very board, check 'em out! :)

Happy new year,
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby RustyNotes » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Yeah i saw them. Looks good. I'm actually planning to switch from Studio One V2.6 to Pro Tools, if you get it to work. I can't wait for the release! I haven't had a working D8Bridge for like 2-3 months, and it sucks cuz i've made a custom desk just for my D8B (https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9158_o.jpg). You know, I'm the one with the problem after updating to Windows 8.1

Hope that you could release a beta/alpha version pretty soon. I have customers coming in and out my studio every weekend, and I want to use my D8B when I'm working with them :(

I do understand that this project is a big one, just hoping you could release something pretty soon. Good luck, and thank you for your work.
RustyNotes

Postby Marc Girard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:17 am

Damn! That's a *NICE* looking desk you've got there! Could you build me one? :P You did exactly what I intended to do with my own D8B. I do have a few software skills but woodworking? I'm so bad, you can't even imagine! :P
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby RustyNotes » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:46 pm

well, i have a bunch of photos when i was building it if you want to see :)
RustyNotes

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum